xxiii. bonfire

"I'm gone not even a few weeks, and you're already picking fights with the Cullen!" Mariposa exclaims as she walks into Emily's familiar home

"I'm gone not even a few weeks, and you're already picking fights with the Cullen!" Mariposa exclaims as she walks into Emily's familiar home. Trailing behind her is Sophia, who screeches with laughter as Seth picks her up and holds her up in the air. Her lips form into a smile at the sight before her eyes land back on Paul. "Seriously, what were you thinking, Paul?"

"I was thinking about the treaty." He answers gruffly. "He's not allowed on our land. You know that, I know that, he knows that. I just gave him a little reminder."

"Such a reminder that was. If I hadn't stopped you two idiots from fighting, who knows what would have happened? We have one goal, Paul, and that's two stop Victoria, nothing else. So, quit getting into your head and focus on the real situation here." As she finishes lecturing her best friend, Jacob walks past her with a helmet in his hands, Rachel walks after him with a frown, stopping next to Paul.

"Can you tell him that?" The Black girl asks of the brunette, pointing at her little brother. "He's going to Forks to give the vampire a warning. Like it'll help."

"That's just great." Mariposa mutters sarcastically, watching as Jacob's motorcycle disappears into the distance. "And I assume to make sure Bella is still human right?" She looks over to the older girl, who nods her head in confirmation. "That's wonderful. As if Edward had the balls to do it."

"Um, there's a child here." Seth speaks up, gesturing to Sophia in his arms.

"Yet, I'm wondering why one isn't in school?" The brunette questions, raising her brow at the Clearwater boy, who chuckles nervously as he lets the little girl in his arms down. "And where is the rest of the pack?"

"It's called skipping." He meekly shrugs. "And the pack went to go let off some steam."

"Mhm." She hums, grabbing the boy's backpack off the counter before pushing him out of the door, listening to his groaning after handing him his bag. "Come on, let's go. I'll drop you off. You can't be missing school like this." She takes her daughter's hand into hers while waving at the couple. "Bye guys. Make sure to tell the pack I said hi."

"Bye Mari!" Paul and Rachel bid her with chuckles.