v. accident

The soft drizzle of rain hits the black umbrella that Jasper holds over him and Mariposa

The soft drizzle of rain hits the black umbrella that Jasper holds over him and Mariposa. The girl is tucked into his side as her honey brown eyes are stuck on him before they turn to look across the parking lot to see Bella Swan staring at Edward. She lets out an annoyed sigh as she looks up at Jasper.

"Doesn't he understand that he can't be with her? It's dangerous. Not just for her but for all of us." Mariposa softly says under her breath.

Jasper smiles down at her, kissing her forehead. "I'm sure he knows the consequences."

A soft gasp from Alice makes her turn to the pixie-like vampire, her brows furrowed in worry. "Alice, what is it?" She asks.

Alice ignores her and looks over at Edward. "Bella's gonna get hurt."

Just as she finishes her sentence, a loud car horn is heard throughout the lot. A black van is wildly spinning and turning as the wheels screech across the pavement. The direction it's going in, you may ask, towards Bella, who's against her truck in a frightened and frozen stage. When the vehicle gets closer to the pale girl, a flash goes by and the van crashes with something as a reverberating clash sounds out.

The Cullens and Mariposa realize it's Edward as his figure jumps over the bed of the truck, away from the growing crowd of panicking students. An angry breath leaves the brunette's mouth as she gets in her car. With a groan, she follows behind Rosalie in the direction of the hospital.

The short ride there, all Mariposa could think about was how Edward could do something so careless and in front of the entire school to top it off. It's like he would risk everything for a human, who is a complete danger to them and their secrets.

Mariposa walks in the building just to spot Edward near the windows pacing with his hands dug deep in his front pockets.

"Oh great." He mutters when he sees the two best friends walking towards him.

"Don't do that." Mariposa says immediately after hearing what he said as she points a finger at him. "Do you realize what you have done?" She asks.

"What was I supposed to do? Let her die?" Edward questions her, getting closer to her face.

"No, Edward." Rosalie butts in, hovering protectively over Mariposa. Carlisle turns a corner to see his two adoptive kids and the brunette arguing, which leads to him letting out an unnecessary tired sigh as he shakes his head.  "This isn't just about you. It's about all of us."

Suddenly Carlisle places his hands on Edward's and Rosalie's shoulders and gives them a squeeze, his gold eyes on a figure a few feet away from them. "Maybe we should take this to my office." He whispers, subtly nodding over to Bella eavesdropping.

He leads Mariposa and Rosalie away from the scene as Edward walks over to the aforementioned girl.

"Carlisle, don't you realize what he's done?" The blonde says after they're in the privacy of his office. "He is putting all of us in danger because of her."