The Date

3 person POV

Lena was just wrapping up her work for the day when she got a text from Kara.

Hey lee, I'm sorry but I have a bit too much work today. Can we move lunch to dinner instead?

Sure Kara dont worry about it!

As she turned back to her work Lena found herself becoming more and more disappointed that she couldnt confess her feelings to Kara. She was thrilled that Kara had made it home safely from the Phantom zone, but it pained her to hide her feelings.

Lena decided that she wouldn't trap herself anymore. Tonight instead of staying silent, she was going to tell kara how she felt.

Later that day at CatCo Kara was making plans to make the dinner extra special. She bought flowers for Lena and put on a dazzling red dress that was Strapless and had some touches of black patterns swirling across the middle

Lena put on a different straplice dress that had a display of dark blues laced with gold patterns at the bottom

As Kara approached the resteraunt she spotted Lena across the way and stopped dead in her tracks

Kara's mouth hung open as she took in the full extent of Lena and her beauty.

"You look beautiful tonight Lee" said Kara as she approached her with the flower held out.

"Thanks so do you Kara" Lena said as she put the flower around her wrist unable to look away from Kara.

"Shall we my Lady", Kara said with her arm extended out.

Lena smiled as she looped her arm into Karas and walked inside.

As they came inside Kara was taken back by suprise. The entire resteraunt  was empty except for 1 table in the center with a candle and a waiter ready by the side.

"Oh" Kara said in confusion, "Mabye we cant eat here tonight"

"Actually this was my doing" Lena said.
"I figured if we really wanted to catch up without revealing your identity it had to be just us. So I bought the resteraunt for one night so we could be alone. Oh and the waiter is a former DEO agent that already knows your identity so you wont have to worry about him"

"Oh wow Lee, Thank you!"

Kara blushed at the idea of being alone with Lena all night.

As the night went on Kara and Lena caught up on the events they had missed because of the phantom zone and Lena asked Kara to forgive her for her part in getting Kara trapped.

"Lena, you know I would never blame you for what happened. Besides I heard from Alex that you were mainly the reason I got home."

"Thank you Kara, it means a lot"

The two grew silent for a minute thinking about how rough the last year had been between the two of them.

"Lena I have something I need to tell you" said Kara

Lena looked up and met her gaze, "I also have something I need to tell you Kara"

"Okay you can go first lee"
"Oh no it's fine you go first"
"No really mine can wait"
"Kara haha"
"Okay what about at the same time"
"Wont that just make it impossible to understand the other one?"
"Okay then you go first" Kara said laughing
"Okay fine at the same time" Lena said laughing just as hard
"Ready 3,2,1"

"I love you"