A Couple at Last

3rd POV

The world slowed as Lena and Kara stared into each others eyes. Shock hung between the two at the others response.

"I didnt know you felt that way Kara"

"I didnt know you felt that way back"

Lingering desire hung in there eyes each craving a chance to touch the other.

Kara stood up and strode over to Lena. Lena cupped Kara's face in her hands as Kara leaned forward to kiss her.

Kara's coms suddenly ring with Alex's voice.
Kara, your needed at the tower we have an alien smashing it's way through the streets of the city.

"We have to resume this later, I'm so sorry Lena I have to go"

Lena having received the same message was equally as disappointed.

"Its fine Kara, you have to go"

Kara raced out of the resteraunt pulling off her glasses and activating her suit on the way out.

Lena was left with a burning desire to kiss Kara that would have to wait.

As she left the resteraunt Lena was beaming and didnt stop smiling the entire way home.

LENA POV

I wanted her so badly, right then and there. Of course that had to be the moment that trouble arose. Oh well I guess that's what happens when you date a superhero. On my way home I couldn't stop smiling over the fact that she liked me back. I cant belive I almost went to that and was gonna act like a friend.

I wonder how the team will take the news that we are together. Oh man, Alex is probably gonna lecture me on how if I hurt one feeling of Kara's she will kill me. Or she will just flat out kill me.

She likes me, I cant belive she really likes me. I got home and settled in for the night. I was on the couch reading when Kara landed on my balcony.