Dinner for 2

Lena POV

I finished my work for the day about an hour ago. Who knew that leaving a company required so much time. The last hour I have spent making homemade potstickers and a vegetable tray to go along with it.

I honestly never knew how to make dumplings before now so most of them are overstuffed and don't look great. At least I know Kara will eat them because the poor girl cant even make eggs without burning them. I doubt she will judge my overstuffed dumplings.

Last night with her was amazing. I just wonder if Kara feels the same since she kind of left early this morning. I finished the dumplings and began to cut the vegetables up. Dinner was in about 30 mins and I knew Kara wouldn't be late.

A few minutes into cutting my vegetables the doorbell rang.

Strange, Kara wasnt supposed to come for another 25 mins. Mabye she just got excited and decided to come early.

I walked over to the door and opened the security lock. The second the door came open men in black suits came barging in and knocked me over. I scrambled to my feet just in time to recive a punch to my lower jaw.

I staggered back a few feet before running toward the man and throwing him against one of my glass tables. The glass shattered on impact giving me enough time to scramble toward the steps.

"Grab her!" one of the men shouted

As I raced towards the stairs I grabbed the knife I had been using to cut vegetables. As I reach halfway up the stairs I was grabbed by my ankle and slammed down against the steps. Pain shot up through my knees and head as they collided with the steps. I could taste blood in my mouth.

I turned toward my attacker and thrust the knife into his leg. He screamed and I pushed him backwards down the steps. On his way down he took out 2 more men also on there way up the stairs.

3 men from downstairs started to shoot tranquilizers at me and the remaining men raced to get up the stairs. I climbed to the top and ran into my room.

I reached down to my wrist to call Kara but my watch was not on me.

Dam it, I must have taken it off to shower and not put it back on yet.

Seconds later the men began breaking the door down. I reached for a gun I had stashed under my bed and unlocked the safety right as the men came in.

"Stay were you are!" I screamed

4 men piled there way into the room all with there tranq guns drawn.

"I know your guns cant kill me, but mine can certainly kill you"

"Mrs. Luthor, we have been sent to retrieve you for someone"

"Yeah well tell them to f**k off. Besides you guys cant do anything, all of your safety's are on"

The men fell for the bait and all looked down at there guns. I charged at the first one and took his weapon. Before anyone had time to react I shot 3 of them with the tranq darts. The 4th man and the one I took the gun from slammed me into the wall making the gun fall out of my hand.

I fought him down the hallway back towards the stairs. I attempted to push him down them but he held on to me tight and I fell down the stairs instead.

I grunted. Pain made my eyes swell with tears. I looked down at myself. I was covered in cuts and my arm is bent to wrong way. I thinks its broken.My head was pounding most likely the result of a severe concussion.

The man smiled as he stood next to me. 4 more men came in through the door guns pointed at me.
"You know Lena you are a hard woman to catch"
"Who the hell are you" I demanded
"My names Samuel, and I'm not going to kill you"
Unable to resist him Samuel picked up my head and placed it on his leg.
"But I cant guarentee my boss wont"
I felt a sharp pain in the side of my neck similar to a needle injection.

Then the world faded to nothing.