5. An Eventful Evening

Since the time Abhimanyu proposed the idea of a truce, things have gone smoothly between us.

Its not like we've suddenly become bestfriends or something. Not at all. But it'll be safe to say that we are talking on much better terms than we ever have.

At evening as I am choosing a saree for the dinner party I hear mom scolding Abhimanyu. I step out of the room to see what the commotion is about when I see Abhimanyu standing in front of his mother with his head down, listening to her scolding him. Such a mamma's boy.

"Sorry mom, I won't go out today." Abhimanyu says after mom stops.
She nods and orders him to get dressed fast, all her anger dissolving with just a sorry from him. He smiles and hugs her, and then turns around to make his way to the stairs. He finds me standing in the way with a saree in my hand, and points to it.
"You're going to wear that?"

I look at the gorgeous saree and nod, "Yeah....I think so."

He gives me a thumbs up, "Cool then! I have a shirt of the exactly same colour, let's coordinate." He suggests his face lighting up with a boyish look.

"How mature." I say dryly.
He frowns, "Come on! It'll be nice....I thought girl's liked to colour coordinate."

"Then you thought wrong. Who even does it these days apart from the couple's in daily soaps."

"Shanaya always likes to colour coordinate." He states. I clench my jaw, "Good for her. But I'm sure she won't like it if she got to know you've been colour coordinating with me." It came out more sharply than I intended.

But I am sick of someone asking me to do a certain thing just so they can mold me into being someone I am not. I have had enough of it with Dev. Thank you very much.

"Woah! Chill. Are you still mad at her because of the bouquet thing....?"

"No. I am not mad at her, Abhimanyu. She doesn't owe me anything, why will I be mad at her when I don't even know her. I just don't like you comparing me with her okay." I snap.

He raises his hands in surrender, "I wasn't comparing ya'll....ok, let's just forget it. No colour coordinating, happy?"

I fold my hands across my chest, "Yes, happy." I say before stupidly smiling and turning on my heel to get back inside my room. I shut the door and sag against it. What is wrong with me? I can't believe I am letting my old insecurities resurface.

"He was not comparing you with Shanaya, stop thinking that everyone is like Dev." I chastise my reflection in the mirror.

Brushing the uncomfortable thoughts away from my head, and undress. I put on the pretty red silk saree, a golden bracelet that mom gave me and a pair of pretty earrings that make the whole outfit glow.

   Saanvi's outfit