Flashback

May, 2010

12th grade

"You both are going to be locked in this room and think over your pitiful actions. I am so disappointed." Gayatri aunty scolds me and Abhimanyu. She bangs the door on her way out, locking us in Abhimanyu's room for the rest of the party.

Hey it's not like we did some big crime. We sort of got into an argument in the middle of the party and I might have also thrown a glass of water at Abhimanyu. But in my defense Abhimanyu was being a huge pain in the ass.

"It's all because of you." Abhimanyu blames. I stare him down.

"Real mature, dumbass." I spat.

He rolls his eyes and looks down at his soaked shirt. An apology rests on my tongue but I swallow it when I remember why I threw water at him in the first place.

He walks to his cupboard and takes out a clean and dry t-shirt to change into, and then walks into the bathroom. Not having anything better to do I decide to snoop around his room.

I open his drawer and shuffle through its contents. There's a bunch of national geographic magazines and some stationary items. The other drawers and cabinets don't have anything intresting either.

After five minutes Abhimanyu comes out and I put a stop to my snooping. He sits on his bed unlocks his phone and starts playing some game. I sit beside him.

"I am going to watch T.V" I announce. I switch channels until I land on some American chick flick which seems good enough to watch. A few minutes pass by and I infer that the main character is a
a girl in high school. And currently the cute guy on the screen is leaning towards the female and I'll take a good guess it's a kissing scene. I attempt to change the channel because obviously I am not going to watch a kissing scene anywhere near Abhimanyu.

I press the channel change button multiple times but nothing happens and the man on the screen keeps inching towards the woman's lips. Change change change.

Unfortunately my luck is terrible today, I curse the remote for not working in such an important time. My cursing catches Abhimanyu's attention and he looks up from his phone. A red colour flies to his cheeks when his eyes land on the T.V screen.

"This doesn't work." I thrust the remote into his hand. Without looking at me his takes the remote and tries to change the channel as well but nothing happens. The make out session is only getting steamier with their hands going in every part of each other's body.

Oh god. Make it stop.

Finally Abhimanyu has had enough of it and he bolts out of the bed to manually switch off the T.V. A black colour takes over the screen. I sigh in relief.

He comes back and crawls onto the bed. Just then my eyes land on the spider resting on his shirt. Its a huge spider with yellow spots on its back body. The yellow dots literally scream poisonous.

I shriek.

Abhimanyu looks at me dumbfounded. I point to his shoulder. "There's a spider!"

His eyes widen and he furiously swats his shoulder. He takes off his t-shirt in horror and throws it across the room.
I watch as the spider flies out of his t-shirt towards me and finally lands on my top.

"Oh. My. God!" I yell and yank my top off of my body. At this point my brain is on a spider alert and nothing else is being processed.
I throw my top to a corner of the room and sit there in an adrenaline high, my chest heaving.