28. First non-date

Saanvi's POV

After work I had straight away headed to meet Trisha for snacks. I needed to confide in her about everything that has happened in the last few days especially. And also about Vikrant.

One pastry and two sodas later we'd talked about everything including some gossip from our workplaces and now my head was mostly clear. I am still not able to categorise whether Vikrant's getting my number "resourcefully" was a okay thing to do or is it actually creepy but Trisha asked me to stop overthinking about it and decide after I meet him. Since me and Abhimanyu are anyway separating and I'll be moving out of the Malhotra house by the end of the week, it seems like meeting Vikrant isn't a wrong thing to do.

I am still in my work clothes when I arrive at the location Vikrant had sent in.I felt dressing up for the occassion will make it seem like a date which it is not and I want to keep the boundaries intact.

I am blown away by the splendour when I reach. The place is definitely a five star restaurant because there can be no other explanation for its gorgeous-ness.

I park my car and quickly reapply my lipstick and since my hair has gone frizzy from the whole day's running around I run a hand through it and pull it up in a messy ponytail. My work clothes however look impeccable today since I'd dressed in a white shirt and pink slacks.

Saanvi's Outfit

I step out of my car and head inside the restaurant

I step out of my car and head inside the restaurant. The interior is even more splendid that the outside, with chandeliers and soft silver light illuminating the place. The seating area is marked in a column of cubicles which have sofas opposite to each other and a table in between.

All the tables have a standard red handkerchief folded into the shape of an origami crane. The restaurant is still partly empty and the noise of cutlery and people talking in low voices covers the air.

I look around and spot Vikrant sitting in the second last cubicle of the right column. He waves and rises up as I make my way to him.

"Hi." He greets looking me up and down. "Friends are allowed to compliment each other right?" He asks after a short pause.

I laugh and take a seat.

"You look great." He compliments.

I force a smile and avert my gaze to the menu as I return the compliment, "You look good yourself." Anything to make this not feel like a date.

"So...how was work?" I ask. It's a very boring topic, perfect for small talk and hopefully a question you do not ask someone on a first date.

"Just like usual." He answers on an exhale.

"And is usual good or bad?" I tease. He laughs a hearty laugh and shakes his head.

"I wouldn't say bad, but usual is boring."