10. The Confrontation

"Its good to finally meet you." Shanaya says through clenched teeth. I smile sarcastically.

Shanaya asked Abhimanyu to leave us alone for sometime to have a "chat" and Abhimanyu obliged. I am definitely sure this chat is not going to be all sunshine and roses, but I am ready for whatever.

"So...you're my boyfriend's wife huh." She states hiding a smile. Good to see she finds the situation amusing.

"Unfortunately." I snort. She laughs.

"You know.... Saanvi? Saanvi right?" I nod. "Abhimanyu and I have been together for almost two years and we saw a future together until....well....you."

"I don't-"

She cuts me off with a glare, "Look, let's cut the crap. All I am saying is I love Abhimanyu, just stay away from him. Okay."

She has nothing to worry about in that department Abhi is all hers. Anyways she is prettier and hotter than me and Abhimanyu will always choose her over me....just like Dev chose Avantika over me. So she has nothing to worry about actually.
Avantika was Dev's ex girlfriend, she was the girl Dev was hung up on when he was with me. But all of those things don't matter anymore I guess, since he's now married to her. Because you weren't enough, and you never will be enough.

"He's all yours babe." I say raising my hands in surrender. "Keep him."

"But see if you are here to haul insults at me so that you can feel better about your insecurities, then please get out. I don't have the time or patience to listen to the likes of you." I fold my hands in a sarcastic namste. "It's was great talking to you. Ask your boyfriend to see you out."

Her face is a sight to behold right now. She looks shocked and angry and embarrassed all at once. What did she think?

"You bitch-" she starts to say but I talk over her.

"I have heard the conversations you've had with Abhimanyu a few times. I know exactly how you were crying and complaining that I was going to steal him away. I know you are insecure Shanaya, and I know insecure girls like you always say crap to everyone else just so you can feel better about yourself. " I pause looking at her mock pitifully.

"I pity you. It must be hard to bear the weight of all that self-doubt and have such a fragile ego that you need attention all the time." I throw the words at her without holding back. It's safe to say I poked in the right place. Shanaya looks baffled and embarrassed. I almost feel bad for her. I rise up and turn around to go into the kitchen but her voice stops me.

"I am not insecure." She mutters.

"Yeah...keep telling yourself that."

"Shut up! I have nothing to be insecure about." She yells.

"Keep your voice down. I don't know what kind of locality you live in, but this colony is filled with sophisticated people who are probably sleeping right now."

She laughs mocking me. "Do you even know who I am? I am Shanaya Karmakar, Miss India 2019 runner up. I was voted National crush of the year. I have done over a hundred modelling assignments in just two years and I am probably going to be launched in bollywood by the next year. You aren't my competition"

I don't understand why she is telling me all of that. It's not like I care. "If you are done reciting your resume, GET OUT." I emphasize the words get and out fiercely.

"Look Saanvi. I only came here to warn you. Stay the hell away from my boyfriend and we'll be good."

"I don't listen to bitches." I mutter under my breath but she manages to hear it. Her eyes narrow into slits and she shoves my shoulder.