44. Barbaadiyan

Two weeks later

In my whole life, there have been only a handful instances where I have been shit-your-pants level nervous. I am certain I could count all those times in a single hand. And unfortunately, today is going to be counted in one of those.

I watch my husband as my heart cracks in my chest. He is sitting opposite to the one girl he should never have been in contact with in the first place. At the very least if they were still in contact, he should have cut contact with her now.

But no. Here he is. Laughing with her as if they are best friends.

He better have a great fucking explanation.

I storm into his office, where both the traitors sit in comfortable chairs. When their sets of eyes land on me, Abhimanyu's smile falters and Nitya's eyes almost bug out of their sockets.

"Saanvi?" She gasps

"Hello to you too. Long time huh?" I smile sweetly, "I wasn't aware you guys were still friends. Anyways.... didn't mean to intrude on your conversation. Sorry if I am bothering you."

"Saanvi will you-" Abhimanyu starts to say. I cut him off with a shake of my head.

"Oh please no. Don't stop your conversation on my account. By all means go ahead. I'll just be at home, waiting there like a dutiful wife, while her husband bonds with other people." I then look pointedly at the bitch whose eyes are currently oscillating between me and Abhimanyu like she is watching a tennis match.

"Oh by the way, I never got to compliment you on your manipulation skills huh? You've got some great talent. I hope you are utilising it in places where it's actually needed rather than trying to sabotage other people just to secure your sweet spot as a girl-"

I never get to complete my jibe though because Abhimanyu stops me.

"That's enough." He bellows.

Yes. My fucking husband is more or less defending that witch, who practically kept us apart and sabotaged us. I could throttle him right now.

I throw my head back and laugh in disbelief. "Wow. Okay."

I level him with a glare, but my face pinches in pain.
Without another word I turn to march out of his cabin but he grabs my elbow, stopping me.
"Hear me out."

I relent. "Ok then....explain?" I make a show on looking at my watch as if timing him.

Abhimanyu clears his throat and begins his monologue. "Nitya owns a security and investigating agency that I had booked to look into the scandal...you know which one. I didn't know it was owned by her until an hour ago when she came up to meet with me here. And that is all this meeting is about. It's professional."

"You aren't seriously considering working with her right? After everything she did how can you even bare to look at her?" I steal a glance at Nitya who is still staring at us. Her eyes wide. She is not pretty even now. I know I sound catty but she deserves it. I also realise her dressing sense has improved a lot compared to when we were kids and that just makes her a little bit more attractive. She was always on the heavier side and used to prefer to hide under flannels and baggy clothes but now looks like she has started to embrace her curves.

Abhi curses and Nitya opens her mouth to say something but I silence her with a glare.
"Saanvi....Nitya is apologetic and I think we can move past it-"

His words shock me. "You can't be serious!" My voice is rising octaves, "This is a sabotaging backstabber we are talking about. What guarantee is there that she won't do the same thing she did years ago?"