9. The Chaos before the Storm

This chapter is dedicated to touchurheart for being such an active reader 🥰

______________

Saanvi's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. After dismissing it, I roll over on the bed as the throbbing in my head grows. Cursing myself for drinking so much on a weekday I rise up from the bed and go into the bathroom.

By the time I emerge out my headache has subsided a little bit but I still fell like shit so I decide  to make myself a cup of ginger tea. I make a beeline for the kitchen.

The house is very silent because of which the clatter of utensils echoes, I cringe at the loud noise. You only get to know how loud your everyday actions are when you try doing it at the crack of dawn.

"Shhh! How much noise will you make." I chastise the pot. Obviously it doesn't answer back, but I pretend that it has taken my scolding and will now behave.
I pour the milk, water, ginger, chai masala and sugar into the pot one by one and let it heat on low flame. As I am waiting for the tea to boil a recollection from last night pops into my brain.

Abhimanyu. The Kiss.

"Oh my God!"
I kissed Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu kissed me. We kissed eachother. Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

I grip a plastic spoon in my hand and end up breaking it with the amount of force I press my palm together. Slowly every detail of last night begins to come back into my memory and I cringe with every passing second. The horrified expression on Abhimanyu's face after he pulled away, the way he wiped his mouth in disgust. The guilty expression on his face. What did we do.

I don't think I will ever be able to forget the disgusted way he wiped his mouth. It's like he couldn't wait to get all remnants of me off of him. I don't blame him though, nobody would feel good after basically cheating on their girlfriend. If I remember correctly though, I think he made the move and kissed me.

But it doesn't matter. We're both to be blamed equal parts.

The sound of the tea boiling and rising up breaks my train of thoughts and I immediately swich off the gas, fortunately, saving the tea from spilling.

I pour myself a cup and cover the rest with a steel plate so that when mom and dad wake up they can reheat the tea and drink it.

I grab the book I am currently reading from the bookshelf of the guestroom (which is now my room) and head out of the house to sit on the bench in the backyard. God knows, I need a distraction.

Malhotra house:-

The view from the swing in the verandah gives me a clear look over the other posh houses in the pretty locality that Malhotra house is in

The view from the swing in the verandah gives me a clear look over the other posh houses in the pretty locality that Malhotra house is in. Its a colony that screams wealth and elegance and since I grew up in an apartment in South Jaipur, living in an independent house in C-scheme, Jaipur is a rather intresting change.