18. Daisies and Allergies

Abhimanyu's POV

(Next day)

I had come home to take an important file that I had forgotten but just as I am about to leave a sneezing and coughing Saanvi steps inside through the main door.

"Abhi-" achoo "manyu" achoo "what are you-" achoo "doing here?" achoo.  She says the scentence between sneezes. I take a good look at her as she blows her nose into a tissue. Her cheeks and eyes are red and her hair is a mess. She looks sick.

"Are you alright? Why are you sneezing so much?" I ask as I go to put an arm around her and help her to the sofa. She doesn't resist and lets me walk her.

"I....achoo....was at a lunch meeting and the...achoo... restaurant table had a daisy vase as decoration." She heaves. My eyes go wide and I stare at her in disbelief.

"All of this is happening because you were around daisies?"

She manages a nod while coughing. For a second I freeze thinking back to the time when Shanaya had sent her a bouquet of daisies. At that time Saanvi had been furious and if I'm being honest I thought Saanvi was exaggerating. But looking at her suffer right now, I am glad she had thrown the bouquet away on time. This is just brutal.

"Come on...let me get you to your room." I offer and extend a hand towards her. She is almost about to take my hand but a new wave of sneezing fit takes over her. I watch her sneeze and cough for a whole minute before decide to take matters into my own hands, literally. I sweep her off the sofa and carry her in my arms.

A shocked gasp leaves her lips and she kicks her legs. "Put me down." She urges.

"Shhh...you are sick, just relax" I coax. Surprisingly, she listens to me and gives up. She leans into me and buries her head against my chest. The whole sneezing and coughing fit and her being sick has drained all fight from her and I never thought I'll be saying this but I miss her fiesty side. However, a Saanvi who listens without arguing is also very appealing.

I gently lie her down on the bed and then fetch her a glass of warm water. "Drink up" I order.

She fetches a white tablet- which I am guessing is to help relieve the allergic reaction -from the lower drawer of the side table and gulps it down with the water. After she is done she sets the glass on the side table and goes back under the covers.

I notice she is wearing tight jeans and a cute top that looks rather uncomfortable for sleeping.

"Do you want to change into something more comfortable?"

She opens her tired eyes that have turned even more red than earlier and directs her gaze at me. Before saying anything she blows her nose and throws the tissue into the dustbin.
"I should. But I feel really tired." Her voice sounds hoarse.

"It's fine...you just rest. I'll get you something to help you feel better." I say and make my way outside.

"No... achoo...you should go back to office." I hear her hoarse voice say from inside the room.

"Go to sleep, Saanvi." I order hiding a smile. She will never stop arguing will she?

The first thing I do is call up my secretary, Karan. He picks up on the second ring.
"Karan, I won't be able to make it back. Reschedule my meeting with the Goenka group for tomorrow and cancel all other meetings for today. "

"Yes sir, will do. Everything okay?"

"Yeah..." I contemplate whether I should tell him the real reason or not. "It's my wife...she is sick."