Epilogue 2.

Playlist: Zehnaseeb by Vishal-Shekhar, Chinmayi

_____________

"Are you sure you are feeling okay to go out?" Abhimanyu asks again.

I cluck my tongue out at him.
"Yes I feel much better from afternoon. Besides I really don't want you to have a boring birthday because of me. Let's go."

I woke up with a brutal headache this morning. Sure we had a few drinks last night but nothing hardcore enough to give me a headache this bad. But after I had taken a crocin its been a lot better.

In the afternoon I had cancelled the reservation I had made at that fancy diner for our families and friends and had to lie to them that because I wasn't feeling well we weren't going to do anything major for Abhimanyu's birthday. Honestly I don't think it was that much of a lie since I am infact not well.

Anyway, currently it's seven in the evening and we are both ready to leave for the reservation at a grill house. It's one of Abhimanyu's favourite food places and since he told me he wanted to go to a mela, we'll also be going there after the dinner.

"Lets leave. We'll be late." I urge. He nods and finally steps out.

The grill house we are going to isn't a very fancy place, so I dressed enough to look elegant but not over the top. My make up though is bolder than usual. I exchanged my signature nude pink lipstick shade for a deep maroon shade and managed to work out smokey eyes after watching various tutorial videos and three failed attempts.

Saanvi's Outfit

When we step outside we end up bumping into our neighbours

When we step outside we end up bumping into our neighbours. The ones who own the house opposite to ours. Their little girl is dressed in her white kurta and leggings and a red dupatta is tied at her waist, I am guessing they are returning after picking her up from her dance class. The family of four stops just in front of us.

"So where are you both off to all dressed up?" Ayesha Daniyal asks taking in our fancy dresses.

"It's his birthday actually, so we are just going out for dinner." I explain.

She claps excitedly. "Happy birthday, Abhimanyu!"
Her six year old daughter, Noorie follows her and jumps up and down.
"Happy birthday Abhimanyu uncle!" She says in unison with her brother, Sameer who is all three years older than her.

Abhimanyu crouches down to their level and produces a candy for them. There have been an awful lot of candies emerging out of his pockets these days.

"Alright then you guys have a good night. We'll not bore you more." Ayesha says.

"Nonsense." I wave her off as her husband, Farhan and Abhimanyu do the whole man hug thing.

Waving goodbyes to the children we get into Abhi's car.