35. Beer Pong

"Oye! Where are you lost?" Devika , my colleague and friend snaps at me bringing me back from my dream land. I am at a diwali house party Devika is throwing but my mind even now just like the whole day has been revolving around thoughts of Abhimanyu. It is the only pressing question in my head right now... whether to give us a chance or not. The betraying organ in my chest wants me to say yes but the smarter organ in my skull doesn't want me to.

It's a never ending debate. If I go by what Trisha said then I should just do what my heart says but do I want to put myself at the mercy at Abhimanyu Malhotra? We are volatile together in every sense of the word.

"Sorry...I was just zoning out. What were you saying?"

Devika shakes her head, "I was asking if you want pizza or chinese.. we are ordering dinner right now."

"Pizza." I reply and she nods before going back inside her house. I decide to follow her and step out of the balcony as well. In the living room, I drop down beside another work friend of mine, Jason who is being grilled by Nagma right now. "So.... what's going on between you and that new marketing head?" Nagma asks him who smirks at the question.

"Take a wild guess." He drawls. The rest of us shake our heads in disappointment. Ofcourse he is banging his new boss. No surprise there.

"You really need to get yourself checked for an STD....with that colourful a sex life I'll be surprised if you haven't contracted one yet." I advice sarcastically.

Jason chuckles. "Just got checked last week. I am all good. Thanks for your concern Saanvi. You don't have to be so jealous of my sex life just because yours is not comparable."

I stick my tongue out at him as Devika comes to my rescue. "Oh please, she is married to one of the most eligible bachelor in Jaipur, or even India. Pretty sure her sex life is better than yours. The only person lacking in that department here is Nagma."

Nagma's eyes widen. "Don't attack me like that, assholes." But we only laugh at her expense.

"When's your eligible bachelor husband making an appearance by the way?" Jason asks me. I drop him a text asking him to hurry up and he replies that he is near the lift. I screen lock my phone and let Jason know. Devika had asked me to bring Abhimanyu as well for her Diwali party and I almost didn't ask him but then I thought this morning especially after the events of last night, I thought what the hell and ended up asking him. He had immediately said yes and here we are playing pretend again of being a good couple. Since he had work though he's a little late.

Suddenly Anisha, Devika's girlfriend appears beside her. "Babe, my boss is here....I have to introduce you to him." Devika excuses herself and both of them make their way towards the main door where OH MY GOD Vikrant Mehra is standing. Vikrant is Anisha's boss? Holy shit.

And because my luck is that good, Abhimanyu emerges in the doorway just then. Fuck my life.

Abhimanyu waves at me and I wave back. He then proceeds to walk inside the house and make his way towards me. The only saving grace right now is that Vikrant has not yet spotted either of us.

"Sorry I'm a bit late, had a conference run a little longer than expected." He apologizes and drops in on the beanbag next to me. Before I can respond to him, Nagma and Jason jump in greeting Abhimanyu with so much enthusiasm it'd look as if he's the prime minister.

"Don't mind me saying this Saanvi, but Abhimanyu Malhotra you are even hotter in person than in your pictures."

Abhimanyu laughs skittishly and shoots me an sos glance. Knowing that he doesn't like it when there's too much attention on him, I cut in between their conversation.