30. Prick Flick

This chapter is dedicated to VASEEFA  for showing so much love on this book 🥰
                   _____________

Having spent the better part of the evening with Vikrant at a faire I only finally reach home at ten in the night. Vikrant's driver knocks on the privacy divider letting us know we've reached Malhotra house.

"Alright then, good night." I say politely and unlock the door but before I can open the door, Vikrant grabs my shoulder turning me around.

I raise my eyebrows in question to which he just smiles and no more sooner I realise he is leaning in. My brain goes on a high alert when his face is just mere inches from mine.

“Saanvi,” he says thickly, and I don’t miss the flare of passion in his eyes.

I gulp in shock. And try to speak but my lips are suddenly so dry that they’re sticking together. And I need them to unstick if I’m going
to get any words out, so I swipe my tongue over them.
Only, Vikrant mistakes the lip-licking for a green light. To my horror, his head dips toward me, his mouth nearly landing on mine but I manage to whisper "No" in a firm voice.

He stops mid pucker and questions me with his eyes. I shake my head.
"You said you will respect my wishes just yesterday and today you are trying to kiss me. Really Vikrant?"

"Saanvi you are getting it all wrong. We had so much fun this evening I thought you felt the same way. I thought you didn't care about Abhimanyu then why are you trying to stay loyal to him?"

I would have laughed at his audacity if the situation wasn't so uncomfortable. Men, they think guilt tripping you and manipulating you will always get them what they want.

"Ofcourse I am not staying loyal to Abhimanyu because guess what? I don't have any kind of relationship with him. Can you not digest the fact that there is a reason I am holding out on this. I thought we had agreed to only pursue things after my divorce." I bite out.

I hoped my words actually make a difference and he will back away but he doesn't. Infact his eyes darken with desire and he invades my space further. I can somewhat feel the taunt muscles of his chest against my body.

"I can't fight this anymore. Give in, Saanvi." He pleads. "You know I will treat you better than Abhimanyu ever can."

"Vik-" My words are halted by the the feel of his lips on my jawline. I haven't felt so much repulsion to something in my entire life as much as I feel when his hand snakes around my waist.

I am about to push him away when a knock on his window interrupts us. A silhouette stands on the other side of the window banging on it like a maniac but I couldn't have been more grateful to whoever that is.

"Who's car is it? Move it, this is not a parking spot." The voice on the other side thunders.

"The fuck!" Vikrant curses and pulls down the window. While he is distracted, I don't waste a second in getting out of the car. Just after I shut the car door, my  my eyes fall on the man who was standing on the other side. Abhimanyu.

I have never been so grateful on seeing him in my whole life. I run around the car and cling to him, finding a strange sense of calmness and safety with him. 

At first he seems taken aback but regains his compsure in a beat.  "Saanvi, baby are you okay?" He asks combing his fingers through my hair. I nod. 

The worry that was radiating off of him when I had clung to him slowly melts into anger and I am assuming that change happens when he spots Vikrant inside the car.
"What the fuck did you do?" He thunders at Vikrant and shields me out of sight by stepping in front of me.