Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A ringing woke me up.  I grunted in disgust.  What was that?  It wasn’t letting me sleep.  Groggily opening my eyes, I saw Beau shifting in his sheets.  He was moving too slow for my liking.  Letting out a weird noise (to show my annoyance) I leaned over (which wasn’t easy when your stomach was weighing you down), grabbed the alarm clock and chucked it against the wall.  The shrill ringing soon deceased.  I sighed in relief and slumped back down, kicking the thin duvet off me.  I was sweating.  Normally I’d be curled up with the duvets wrapped around me like a cocoon but not today.

“What the Hell?  That was my alarm clock!”  Beau asked angrily.

“It’s too annoying.”  Was my simple answer.  I rolled onto my side and snuggled my head into the pillow.  I needed more sleep.  My eyes were already shutting down and I could feel my mind joining my eyes.

“It’s only 9AM!”  He replied.

“Too early.”  I waved my hand at him, motioning for him to go away.  “Wake me up when it’s midday or something.  Or when lunch is ready.”

“I’m not your personal slave.”

“If you’re going to keep bitching at me,” I slowly rose up.  I started to feel sick.  Ugh.  Again?  I’d already been awake for half the night puking.  The tea made it worse.  My vomit came up pink, “then could you record it and play it back?  I’m tired.  I’d like to sleep.”

“Everyone’s awake.”

“No they’re not.  You’re bluffing.”  I half-shouted at him.  I wasn’t good on minimal sleep.  I got really cranky and anything set me off.  “Rose told me that most of the boys slept until noon.”

“And you’re a hu- a girl.”  I narrowed my eyes at him.  What was he going to say before that?

“And?  What, are you a sexist now aswell as a prick?”  Anger shot up.  What was it with my anger?  Normally I wasn’t this easy to trigger.  Stupid baby.  Making me angry all the time.  For once, I’d like to not be angry.  Or feel sick.  Man, I felt worse today.  Note to self: never have pink tea ever again.

“What is wrong with you?”

I inhaled deeply.  “Nothing.”  Okay, I really needed to get some of those nicotine patches.  Two months since I’d smoked.  I felt like death.  Not to mention, I could puke at any moment.  “Nothing.  I just need…”

“Need what?”  Beau asked impatiently.

“Something.  I don’t know what.”  And that was when my stomach decided to hurl itself.  “I need the toilet.”  I said before slapping my hand over my mouth and running to the nearest room.  Luck seemed to be on my side because it was a bathroom.  I just got the toilet before my sick came tumbling out of me.  I slumped to the floor and held my head over the toilet.  I couldn’t stop myself.  This was the worst I’d ever had and it didn’t feel like it would let up.

After what seemed like hours, I resurfaced and coughed.  Grabbing some loo roll, I wiped my mouth before flushing the chain.  “Urgh.”  I voiced out loud.  I heard some clunky steps behind me.

“Jesus, you can move.”  Beau’s voice was welcoming.  “How are you feeling?”

“Like crap?”  I managed to spit out.  I twisted the tap and shoved my head under, gulping as much cold water as I could.  I rinsed out my mouth before collapsing against the bath tub, which was next to the toilet.  I felt so lifeless.