Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Hundreds of students crowded the pavement.  All of them were dressed in differently coloured clothes.  Some of the colours were ridiculously bright and actually hurt my eyes!  My poor, poor eyes!  I sat sulking in Liam's car watching everyone mill about.  There were more people than I thought there'd be.  This was a small village so why did it look like there were hundreds of teenagers who occupied the town?  Life was so confusing sometimes.

"You're going to have to get out soon.”  Liam told me, amusement was laced in his voice.  I had no idea why but today I just wanted to punch him because he was just so... so irritating!  It was horrible having the thought of wanting to punch my own uncle.  The thoughts I was currently having were disturbin and made me want to cry.  And I hadn't cried in a long time.  Not did I fancy having a breakdown right now.

"I don't want to.”  I told him, sitting back and crossing my arms over my chest.  My bag was leaning against my legs waiting and wanting to be picked up.  I wasn't going into the school though.  I hated being the new girl.  Everyone always stared; some trying to figure out who you were and some tried to size you up.  At least in my old town I had a bloody reputation!  No-one messed with me.  But here?  This was a new town and I knew that soon I'd be called “Preggers” or “Fatty”.  That was not going to happen.  No way.  I was going to earn a new reputation.  Guranteed it wasn't going to be the same as my old one but I'd get a reputation so that no-one would mess with me.  I could have the same reputation as I used to have... but I don't know.  It was a little off-putting.

“You are, otherwise I'm going to be late for work.”  He told me sternly.  I just sat there sitting smugly.  He couldn't push me out of the car.  He wouldn't dare.

“What are you going to do?  You can't throw me out: I'm pregnant.  You'll hurt the baby.”  It was low but I was still shoving it in his face.  Normally by now he would have opened the car door and forced me out.  It would have been embarrassing for both of us but not this time!

"Fine."  He said.  I could see the clogs turning in his mind trying to figure out a way to get me into this prison.  "Fine, alright then... I'll buy you a dozen packets of Chocolate Bourbons and I'll give you twenty quid.”  He bargained.  I thought about it and decided it was good enough.  I'd already managed to stash at least twenty packets in my room.  A couple more would keep me going.  Plus I didn't know if I'd get different cravings soon or not.  I really needed to look that up.  I should really Google "What to expect when you're pregnant" or watch that film about expecting a baby.

“Deal.”  I told him and picked up my bag.  I managed to sling it over my shoulder in the small, confined space of Liam's expensive car.  I was thankful that I decided to pack my side bag and not my faithful ruck sack (who funnily enough I'd named Faith).  I didn't fancy having an achy back.  There was no way that they wouldn't drop a buttload of homework on me.  I'd already missed the first two months and this was supposed to be my “retake” year.  There was no doubt the teachers would be harsh on me.  The ones at my old school were worse.  If you missed just one single, meaningless lesson they tore you a new backside.  You missed giving in one homework and it was automatic detention.  They wanted – no needed – the best grades.  They soon gave up with me.  I think that in the end they were just glad that I turned up.

As I got out of the car quite happily (my irritation had magically disappeared) I started to walk up to the school.  My happiness was quickly fading as I stared at the brick building and all of the crowds.  I stopped in mid-stride as Liam called out for me.

“Samara!  Don't forget that you're making your own way back!”  He shouted at me.  I twirled on the spot to face him.

“And if I get lost?”  I shouted back, walking with my back to the school as I shouted.