Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Walking down the aisle, I sighed in despair.  Where were the Chocolate Bourbons?  It was a disgrace that Cassie refused to have them in Liam's house... I mean, it wasn't even her own house (it kind of was now but she shouldn't have been taking over).  He should be entitled to have whatever food he likes!  Not just healthy, organic crap.  I mean, there wasn't even sushi in the house!  Sushi!  Also, there was nothing with sugar on.  I had to sugarcoat my banana this morning just to have my daily dose.  Eugh, never having a sugared banana ever again!  It was one of the worst things I'd ever tasted in my entire life.

"Come on, sweets... sweeties..."  I mumbled to myself, looking at the top of the shelves.  When I saw the confectionery aisle, I sprinted towards it.  The people in this small village would remember me for 'being the girl who in ran in the shop aisles' but I didn't care.  Sweets were my lifeline!  I couldn't live without sugar, and that's not an exaggeration either.  I mean, it kept me going through the day!  "Come to mama!"

While I was running, and not looking where I was going, I managed to bump into someone and dropped my basket.  Thankfully there was nothing with glass in it and nothing flew too far.  I managed to pick everything up quickly.  No spillages, no "clean up on aisle three, clean up on aisle three".

"Whoa, are you okay?"  A feminine voice greeted me.  I would have assumed the person was male, I hit into them quite hard and the person was still standing.  I was sure if it was a female that she would have fallen over, but it turns out she didn't.  Looking up, I saw that she wasn't small – she was taller than me and was wider, in a good way.  She had a lot of curves unlike me.  I was just a straight line down.  No hour-glass figure or anything.  Plus, her skin colour was amazing.  It was like... caramel.

"I'm fine, cheers."  I chuckled slightly and picked up my basket.  It wasn't too heavy considering there were only a few things in it.  A few sandwiches, some Doritos... nothing that would weight it down.  I hadn't got to the serious part of my shopping yet.

"I love your jacket!"  She cried.  "Where's it from?"

"Oh, this old thing?  Somewhere like River Island.  I got it a while back.  Either a few months, or a year ago."  I shrugged.  This girl seemed to be like crazy happy.  She was even smiling like a crazy person.  "Erm, look, I'm sorry for bumping into you."  I apologised before walking round her to get to the aisle holding the biscuits.  This time I didn't run.  I power walked because I didn't fancy bumping into someone again.  That would have just been really, really awkward.  Not to mention that whoever was watching the CCTV would probably wee themselves laughing.  Or maybe even get a heart attack.  I heard that happened.  Maybe it was just that they died laughing...

As I walked away I felt weird.  It was almost like someone was watching me.  It was that freaky feeling you get: the one that feels like someone's staring through you.  Turning around I checked the shop.  Nothing.  Nothing unusual here.  I saw the girl I bumped into talking to someone.  From the back I couldn't tell what he looked like.  He could've looked like the end of a horse but by the size of his shoulders he looked to be quite... buff.  His hair was cropped quite short too (at the back anyway) so I could infer that he didn't have a mullet.  I kinda hoped he'd turn around.  I wanted to see if there were any good looking guys around.  I may have sworn myself off guys (temporarily) but there was no harm in window shopping.  You could look but you couldn't touch!  Shrugging to myself mentally I turned back and continued on with my quest for sweets and everything and anything that contained sugar.  Cassie might have stopped Liam from buying sweets but she wasn't stopping me.  No way.  Hell would have to freeze over for that to happen.

                                                                          ~ * ~ * ~ 

"Samara!  I was watching that!"  Veronica complained.  I rolled my eyes.  Yeah, right.  She'd been reading an OK! magazine, not watching the friggin' telly.  She could have watched it in her room, not down here.  She had a T.V in her room unlike me.  I didn't need a T.V to entertain me.  I only watched it when there was nothing to do or there was a good film on.  I could actually go outside and entertain myself.  Plus most T.V sucked.  Who wanted to watch oompa loompas?  Who even paid them to look like that?