Chapter Thirty Three

"Keep him away." I growled, making sure Mason knew I wasn't happy that Tristan had followed. I didn't even want Thom near me. Just the thought of them... thankfully, the worry about actually giving birth was distracting me from... whatever they'd turned into. Although I kept repeating that nothing had happened because werewolves didn't exist.

They couldn't.

People didn't just change into huge wolves.

People stayed as people.

It only happened in the films.

"Samara! Please!" I heard Tristan practically begging behind me. Holding my hand on my belly, I ignored him and carried on walking aiming for the front door. "You need to see Dr Abbott!"

"Come on, Mars, please! Listen to Tristan!" Beau came from in front of me. I didn't want to see his face. He must have been on the whole thing. Anger reared its ugly head in me once again, this time lashing out at those I loved.

"I'm not giving birth in a house full of monsters!" I snarled. Beau flinched away, his face showing how horrid he felt at what I'd called them. I should have felt bad, but in all honesty, my mind was all over the place. "Get out of the way, Beau. I need to get to a hospital."

"You won't make it!" Worry was filled all over his face and I just wished it wasn't.

As if on queue, I doubled over. My stomach was in searing pain, and I had a feeling that I wasn't going to go into a normal labour. I held onto a table that was in the hallway, my hands gripping the edges with all my strength and my teeth grinded together. God, it hurt so much.

"Mars!" I felt Beau's hands over my back and stomach and I didn't have a free hand to push him away – one was focused on the table and the other was holding my stomach, as if it would release some pain. It didn't help, at all.

"Get. Off. Me." I said through gritted teeth. Unusually, they all ignored me.

"Find Dr. Abbott." A new voice was heard and I looked up to see someone who looked like an older version of Tristan and Thom. He didn't look impressed, and frowned when he saw me. "Tristan, take her to the delivery room."

As soon as I felt his hands touch me, I let out an un-humanlike snarl. "Stay away from me."

"I am not having my carpets ruined by the birth of your child." The man snarled, disgust clear in his voice. "You will let Tristan take you to the delivery room. There is no discussion. I will not have some girl disrespect my son."

I opened my mouth to protest, but was stopped by Tristan's father.

"You will follow my rules, human. Or I'll make you regret it. You've brought enough problems to our doorstep as it is."

The little voice in my head told me not to put up with his crap. I had a slight problem with people telling me what to do, especially when it included a threat. And I wanted to lose my cool, to shout at this guy. But I went against the little voice. For one of the few times in my sixteen years of life, I fought against the anger. I knew when to pick a fight, and as much as I felt the need to go against him, it wouldn't be wise.

"I can walk by myself." I hissed at Tristan. His blue eyes had turned a darker blue, and worry was all over his face. I stood up, taking in a sharp breath of air. The pain had subsided, a little, and it was painless enough for me to hobble. But every couple of steps I took, the pain came back and I had to stop.

It took longer than it should have to get to the room, and the pains in my stomach were becoming worse. The time in between them was becoming shorter and I was starting to panic. My hands gripped the bed, and its white sheets as next onslaught of pain came over me.