Chapter Thirty Five

"She looks just like you." Mason smiled and I looked at him, with a blank face.

"Really?" I snorted. "She looks like an alien."

"Mara!" He scolded and I laughed slightly, cautious not to wake my daughter. She looked so tiny. So... human. To think that she would have caused me so much pain was ridiculous. To think that she was half werewolf... or whatever Will was, was ludicrous!

"What? She does!" She was small, frail, pink and extraordinarily wrinkly. Babies were like pugs, I'd decided. They had too much skin for their own good. Mason had told me that some were born with hair. I was thankful my little one was bald. Hair would have freaked me out.

"You're not meant to say that." I shrugged, not really caring. She was my child and I could say what I liked.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way." I told him. A smile came onto my face as I looked down and love filled me. It was odd; I didn't think I would look at anyone with this adoration. Is this what my mother felt when she saw me and Kaya? "But you can't say that she looks like me. Not until she's a little older."

"Can you not accept the compliment?"

"No." I rose an eyebrow at him and he sighed and threw his arms up. "So, what are we going to do about Will?"

I hadn't wanted to ruin the sweet moment but since I woke up, it had been all that was going through my mind. Even while Dr Abbott had told me about my almost dying moment. Beau, before I forced him to leave, had finally told me the truth about the damn wall and why Will was obsessed. I hadn't been calm. In fact, it had taken all my strength not to call him every name under the sun and call a looney bin and get him admitted. To think that somewhere in my blood, I carried a werewolf gene was idiotic. Did I look part wolf?

"I don't know." He shrugged. "Tristan wants to have someone watching you at all times."

"Like he hasn't been doing that for the last few months?" I rolled my eyes. "What's new? Oh, wait, apart from the fact he can turn into a giant dog?"

"Mars..."

"I'm allowed to be angry. They've lied for the past few months."

"I know, but cut him some slack." My head whipped and I narrowed my eyes. Seriously? "I'm not a fan of the guy but would you have really believed him? If he suddenly told you he could shift into a wolf?"

After a couple of minutes of silence, I answered with a very quiet "no" hating that Mason was right. "They could have at least told me sooner. Not when I was basically on the verge of giving birth."

"We were waiting for the right time." I hadn't heard Thom walk in, and I held my little girl defensively and glared at Thom, hoping to shoot daggers with my eyes.

"Yes, because in the whole nine months I've been here, you've never had the opportunity." I scoffed. Okay, so I was probably being more childish than I should have been but I was hurt that none of them had even thought to tell me. Especially when it concerned my child!

"There's never a right time to tell someone that sort of thing." He tried to justify their reason for not telling me, and it was a good point, but I was blind to any reasoning.

"You could have at least told me about Will."

"We did!"

"Telling me not to underestimate Will is not warning me."

"We said he wasn't a nice guy." Thom looked almost proud. I just gave a sharp laugh.

"Do you know how vague that is? I've had people say that I'm not a nice person but I'm not the one who goes round threatening to kidnap babies." I spat.