Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Christmas was two days away.  Less than forty-eight hours away, if we were going to get into details.  But everyone was rushing around.  Kaya wanted me to go to Caroline’s for Christmas.  I refused.  So Kaya came here instead.

It felt good, having Kaya here.  Someone who I trusted with everything I had.  Someone who wouldn’t judge me – there was always that risk with Thom or Georgia or Beau.  They were just people I’d become friends with.  Yes, we had become close quickly but that didn’t mean they didn’t secretly judge me.  Although I’m pretty sure they didn’t.

“So.  Tell me more about Tristan.”  Kaya smiled, sitting down.

“I’ve already told you.  He’s a pig.”  I shrugged.  Picking up the remote, I flicked on the TV.  Everything was based around Christmas.  It sucked.  All I wanted to watch was a good film.

“Come on.  He can’t be that much of a pig if you’re fooling around with him.”  I glared at her quickly before turning my attention back to the telly.  I wasn’t going to say anything.  He was a pig.  But one who I would gladly screw.  “I’m so proud of you.”  She added.

“What?”  That got my attention.

“You’ve only slept with one person since you got here.  That’s gotta be a record, right?”  She laughed.  I gave her a mock-smile and a sarcastic laugh before throwing the remote on the floor in annoyance.

“I’ve only been here for about two, maybe three months.”

“Yeah but you’ve done this guy multiple times.  In a row.”

“And?”  I snapped.

“I was just making a point.  And clearly, I’m right.”  She gave a knowing smile.  I narrowed my eyes in response.

“What are you insinuating?”

“And she uses big words!  Wow you’ve changed.  Maybe you’re not so scary anymore.”  She made an ‘ooh’ sound while waggling her fingers at me.  I narrowed my eyes even further and then managed to pounce on her (which I had to admit, it was getting harder to move so fast).

Obviously, I wasn’t going to hurt her but that didn’t mean we couldn’t play fight.  A few soft punches were thrown at me (Kaya being completely careful of my stomach and either avoiding or slightly hitting it) and I may or may not have pinned her down and almost kneed her in the groin.  I wasn’t exactly the best at ‘play’ fighting.  I was too used to actually having to throw punches, and kick people.

She squealed (I joined in with the soft punching and slaps to the arms) and so did I.  We made so much noise that within (or what felt like) ten minutes the door swung open.  Liam stormed in and then froze, staring at us.  He stared, with shock, for a good minute before shaking his head and chuckling.

“You two are so alike, it’s unreal.”

“We are twins, you know.”  I rose an eyebrow at Liam.  “We share the exact same genetics and so we should be alike.”

“We don’t even look alike and it’s not-“ Kaya started to say before I interrupted.

“No, shush.”  I quickly told her before going back to Liam.  “Now, is there anything you would like to say to us?”

“Just… keep the noise down.  Everyone’s coming down today.  I’m trying to tidy up the house and make something for everyone.”  Liam nodded before walking back out.

“Everyone?”  I said, out loud and to nobody in particular.

“Yeah.”

“Even…?”  I trailed off, not wanting to say her name.