Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I woke up the next morning, without a single regret.  It made a change.  Normally after getting drunk and sleeping with someone, I had a headache and felt like an idiot.  This time there was none of that.  Maybe it was because it wasn’t someone who I had randomly picked; it was someone who I knew was hot.  I still wasn’t a big fan of Tristan but still.  The guy had moves.  I shivered thinking back to last night.  Looking down at my stomach, my lips twisted into a single line.  The bump was noticeable but I could pass it off as a food belly… right?  Or I could just have put on weight?  Sighing, I grabbed the first shirt I could see on the ground.  A large white, v-neck.  It wasn’t mine so it was either Dylan’s or Tristan’s.

Whilst I may have been lazy by leaving my clothes on the floor, I didn’t leave my underwear on the floor.  There was a line and I drew it at that.  I mean my bras ended up on the floor but not my pants.  I had to wear them and they were going to be near my cooter!  Opening my chest, I picked out some silky white ones.  After last night, I wanted to feel a little innocent.  Had I been in Dylan’s house, or Mason’s (or one of the other guys, or even Jo’s) I would have gone down in just this but I didn’t know who was around.  What if it was Veronica?  Or (God forbid) Paul?

Once I’d pulled on some grey, soft trackie bottoms and rolled up the bottoms and put on some socks, I looked over to the bed.  Tristan was still asleep.  The sheets were ruffled and only covered the bottom half of his body; his hot abs and muscly arms were still on show.  I smiled at the sight – he looked innocent and sweet when he was asleep.  His black, short hair was ruffled and it almost looked as if he had a small smile on his lips.  Why couldn’t he look like this when he was awake?  Tip-toeing across my room, being careful of what could be under the carpet of t-shirts, tops and jeans, I tried not to make a sound.  He was probably suffering from lack of sleep and being severely drunk.

As I got to my door, I took one last look before slipping out.  As soon as I shut the door, I sighed in relief.  I was getting too good at sneaking out of rooms but never had I done it to my own.  Normally if I’d slept with a guy and it was in one of the guys’ houses, I would have woken them up and kicked them out.  For some reason, I couldn’t do it to Tristan.  I blamed it on the hormones.

Padding down the stairs, I walked into the kitchen.  I could see Dylan staring into his mug, looking a little depressed.

“Morning!” I chirped.  I skipped over to the kettle and switched it on.  “How was your night?”  I asked as I started getting out a mug of my own and putting in an Earl Grey tea bag.  Tea didn’t harm unborn babies, or at least I hadn’t heard of it.  I wasn’t listening to the doctor when he was listing the things I couldn’t eat or drink.  There was something about not having liver (although I’d never eat that anyway), fish (I was so angry about that, no sushi for me), on alcohol (obviously) and then some other stuff that I hadn’t listened to.  I was tired!

“S’alright.  Couldn’t really sleep though.”  Dylan grumbled.

“Why, was Beau keeping you up all night?”  I teased and danced around while waiting for the kettle to finish boiling.  Dylan just shrugged and handed his mug over to me.

"Coffee, black, one sugar.  And no, he wasn’t.”  I rose an eyebrow at that – Beau seemed to really like Dylan.

“No?”  I prompted.

“No.  I wasn’t going to do it with him – he seems to be one of those guy who wants a relationship or something.”  He mumbled.

“And you don’t?”

“It’s not that.  It’s just…”

“Just what?”  What was Dylan on about?  “Dyl, what is it?”