Chapter Thirty Two

The next two months breezed past, and everything seemed to settle down. I still had my moments of craziness and anger but nothing like that night when we found out about Will. I'd made sure never to reach that point again. It was a horrible feeling, and it weighed on me for the rest of that week. Luckily, everyone tended to stay away from the words "it's complicated" and avoided talking about Will.

I missed the gang though. They stayed until the hour before Liam came home. And no, they didn't help clean up when they left. The house was trashed with dirty cups, plates. My clothes that Jo had tried on where left everywhere... it was a mess and unfortunately it wasn't even half cleaned up when he came back. He'd been happy though, that I hadn't been left alone. I think even though Liam knew I was more than capable of looking after myself, he was still scared for me.

No-one had told him about the night I'd been attacked. I hadn't threatened anyone but I had told them there would be consequences if Liam somehow found out.

"Mars, where did you put my milkshake?" Thom asked, looking around the terrace. We were sat in the back garden, enjoying the weather and the peace. Last month, I'd finally dropped out of school (again). I hadn't told them beforehand but when my stomach started showing... there was no denying what was happening. I didn't see the point in staying any longer – I wouldn't have been there for the tests.

"On the table?" It was in a small glass, but it wasn't that easily missed! It was chocolate for God's sake. All he had to do was look for something with chocolate in. And with a swirly straw. Sometimes he was such a child.

"It's not there. Are you sure you made it?"

"Yes! I'm sure! I'm eight months pregnant, not stupid." I stuck my tongue out as he made a face. "Are you gonna start the barbecue?

"Sure." He walked over and opened the lid of the grill before making a strangled noise.

"What?!" I freaked out, worrying why he was making such a weird noise.

"Seriously? You put my milkshake in the grill?"

"Oh."

I'd heard that sometimes pregnancy screwed with the brain. I hadn't lost the filters in my brain but over the past month I'd been putting things they shouldn't have. There was putting my keys in the washing machine, putting a DVD in the CD machine and wondering why it wasn't working, trying to eat some of Cassie's potpourri... and now putting a milkshake in a barbecue. I was so thankful that I only had a month left.

"Sorry." I gave him a cheesy smile.

"Maybe we should keep a watch over you. Who knows what will go missing next?" Thom smiled, shoving some burgers on the grill. I pushed myself off my chair and waddled over to him. Smelling the burgers, I moaned out loud.

"God, they smell so good." I let out another loud moan before Thom shushed me.

"I already have to hear this when I walk past Tristan's room, I don't need to hear it now. Just shut up, would you?" I rolled my eyes and handed him some raw sausages on a plate. "Thanks. I don't know how you have the energy to have sex still. You can't even walk for ten minutes without complaining about your feet."

"That's because they have to carry two people!" I exclaimed. "And you know with sex-,"

"I don't want to hear how you do it with my brother." His whole body shivered and I grinned.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure!" He snapped. "And if you start to tell me, I might tell someone that tomorrow is a special day."

"What special day?" Crap. He couldn't know, could he? I hadn't told anyone unless... Damn it Mason!

"Well, you turn seventeen tomorrow don't you?"