Chapter Six

Chapter Six

          It had been a month since I moved into this small village.  One entire month, four weeks, and it wasn't going too badly.  I mean, it's not like time had stopped still or slowed down so much that I was bored out of my mind.  But then again it wasn't going super fast either.  I guess this was average.  This is what normal people felt, which was quite weird.  I wasn't used to being like a normal person.

          Sitting down at the kitchen table, I watched as everybody milled about.  Liam had gotten me up at ten o'clock on a Saturday.  That was a shock.  Normally I woke up at about three in the afternoon. Mostly it was because I'd partied too hard the night before.

          “How's it been living here?”  Cassie asked me, with that stupid smile on her face.  She'd dolled herself up and made herself look pretty even though she was probably just going shopping or getting the mail.  Ugh, and now she was pretending to care?  I know she doesn't like me.  I could just see it behind that fake smile of hers.

          “Fine.”  I told her through gritted teeth, acting civilised.  She must have been extra happy because Liam was in a mood with me.  We'd had an argument last night.  He wanted me to tell Veronica and Cassie that I was pregnant and I didn't.  Veronica would spread it round and then label me as a slag and I didn't have the reputation yet where everyone wouldn't call it to my face.  I was not standing for that.  I didn't want want Cassie to know because she'd smother me with her pretentious "mothering" ability.  She'd try and be in my life even more.  Just seeing her at the table was more than enough for me.

          “Made any friends yet?  Liam said that you didn't have very good friends in your old school.”  Cassie was still smiling.  I had the urge to wipe it off her face, and also I didn't feel too well.  The smell of bacon was making me feel worse.

          “My friends were fine.  They are fine.”  I defended my friends.  They weren't the most safest or cautious or most caring bunch, but I still loved them!  By her making that snarky remark, I was close to my snapping point.  She was pushing her limits.  A sick, angry Mars was not a good one to face.

          “Well that's good.”  She sipped her tea, holding that damn tea-cup plate under it.  She was trying so hard to be posh and 'right'.  It was why when Liam put the plate of bacon and toast in front of me, I ate it noisily and with my mouth open.  I'll admit that it was gross (and I'd never do it again because I do have manners) but it wiped that damn fake cheery smile off her face.

          And it was at that moment that I really regretted eating the bacon.  Smelling it made me feel sick but eating it?  That actually made the bile rise up.  Before I could let it loose on the table-top, I ran to the toilet as fast as I could.  I probably looked like one of those Olympic runners by the speed I was sprinting.

          Pushing the door open with my one free hand (the other holding my mouth) I ran, fell to the floor and chundered into the toilet.  It was a great start for me.  Having my head hovered over a toilet wasn't the way I planned to start the morning.  In fact, it wasn't the way I would have planned any morning let alone today.  After being sick several times, I sat back and scrunched my eyes at the awful after taste that was habiting my mouth.

          Turning on the tap, I washed my hands and then threw some cold water into my mouth.  I needed to get rid of the after-taste.  It made me feel sick again but I was sure I couldn't vomit anymore.  I'm pretty sure everything I'd eaten for the past month came up just then.  I hated puking: I hated that it made my eyes water, I hated that my throat hurt after, I hated the way my mouth felt and the smell of it.  Most of all, I hated the fact that I'd probably be doing this for a while.  I was positive I knew the reason behind it.