I Want My Memories

CHAPTER #3

Do comment how the story is and don't forget to vote!
Word count: 942
S

o guys this is the longest chapter I wrote, I hope you enjoy it and z bear with my mistakes because I am typing in phone. Thank you!

Zafar's POV

I hate it when dadi says about the uncertainty of her life.
"dadi don't say that, you still have lots of time."
And she looked back. I was shocked.
ITS THE SAME GIRL I SAW IN THE MALL!!! Am i dreaming?!? I felt I was on the ninth cloud and I kept looking at her until she walked away in a drift pace and disappeared behind the curtain.

Just then her mom came and sat. We all talked except me who was with my cousin salman, my phuppu's son.

After a while, she came with a tray carrying snacks and chai (tea).
She was constantly looking down.
Dadi made her sit with her and she sat too.
Then we talked which we were supposed to talk. But before they said the actual thing, the girl's mother sent her back.

"we love your daughter, we now want her to be our daughter" my mother said
I was beaming and pretended I had to call and went out.

I understood everything with that single line they said we now want her to be our daughter.

At night, I couldn't sleep. I couldn't believe my luck. The girl for whom I was getting sad that I would never see was actually the girl my family chose for me!
Ya Allah, you are capable of anything. I thanked him a hundred times.
By the way, mom said me her name was hafsa....hafsa...the name suited her so much.. Hafsa.

-------------------------------------------

Hafsa's POV

The night went well but I slept long, I even missed my fajr which I regretted after waking up.

I recalled the last night and it brought a smile on my face, I don't know why but.....ok leave.

A few weeks were normal and everything went well until one day mom came to me "your date is fixed  for the end of next month"

"what?!?" I was shocked

"yeah, its almost a year you completed your studies"

"so?"

"its time"

"plz I am not ready"

"don't say that now, I already gave my word to them and your father isn't going to hear a word"

"you didn't even ask me!"

"you told me I can do what seems right so I did"

I groaned and left the room

I went to the garden. Cool breezes embracing my cheeks gave a sense of peace. The not knowing about my childhood struck my mind again.
It was strange I didn't remember anything. Absolutely nothing!
You will be knowing how you spent your birthdays, the special places you visited or something remarkable like that but I was completely blank and whenever I asked about my childhood, my parents, especially my mom, would say something and lock my mouth.

But not this time. Not this time!
I have to know. Its my right to know.
I am getting married now and at least now I should know the things which I should have known all the way. I should be having some memories which I don't have.
How is it even possible? Why don't I remember anything?

I was engrossed in my thoughts when samreen shouted "DIDI!!!!"

"what now?"

"ammi is calling you"

Now is my chance!
Without waiting for a second, I ran to mom.
"you called me?"

"yeah, would you cook dinner tonight. I am not in mood today and my head has been aching a lot and even you need to learn"

Yes hafsa, go on ask!

"ammi, umm... You say I have to learn cooking.. Don't you think I should learn what my childhood memories are in the same way?"

"what are you talking about?"

"ammi you know what I am talking about, I don't remember a single thing. I don't have a single memory to enjoy. I need to know about myself, can't I know about myself?"

"you are getting late, go and cook"

"ammi tell me, you have to tell me!"

"I said you to go and cook and don't ask me this again.... I am tired of hearing this! Why is it so necessary? What will you do with it? Didn't I teach you that you have to leave the past, enjoy your present and make your future? Why don't you remember that? Please now, leave me alone!"

Ughh! I failed again. Why don't she just tell me? It will just shut my mouth forever and I won't ask her again.

I went to kitchen to cook when I heard the sound of slippers.
It seemed as if it was coming from stairs. I went to check and my mom was going up.
I didn't care to follow her.

After an hour, the dinner was finally ready after so much of effort.
Mom, dad, samreen all sat on the table and I served them.
"what did I hear beta?" dad asked after taking a bite, I thought he would compliment!

"what, abba?"

"your ammi said you have been irritating her asking about your childhood again and again"

"I just wanted to know, just like how you, ammi and samreen remembers their childhood"

"beta, enough. It's ok if some people don't remember... Just enjoy your life. See you have completed your studies and now you are also getting married, what else do you want?"

"my memories" I said quietly looking down and went to my room. I had lost my appetite.

I couldn't believe they didn't want to tell me about myself! What's wrong in that? I don't get it!! I need to find out but for now I am sleepy.

Not a minute, I was dreaming..