Memories Are My Need Now!

Do not forget to vote and tell me how is the story! 😉

Word count: 1444

CHAPTER#15

Hafsa's POV

"just give me 5 minutes, I need to talk something with my parents then we can leave"
Zafar nodded and I went behind ammi to her room. I really need to talk this to my parents no matter what!

"our daughter is so big now that she wants to talk something important to us"

Ammi and abba sat beside each other on the bed while I sat on the sofa facing them.
I took a deep breath

"I've been asking about this to you for a long time but both of you have avoided it but now I can't afford it"
Both of them looked at each other with a questioning look.
"I don't want to know my memories, I need them" I continued "how good it is to sit with an old friend and talk, how amazing I feel when zafar tells me about his childhood and whatever he has done." my parents had a very blank look by now "each and every person on this earth may it be you, or you," I said pointing at ammi first and then at abba "we all need happiness and I can't find it because I don't know what I've done in my childhood and.....and most importantly I don't know my precious times with you both, with samreen. In all of the photos samreen is alone. Where am I as her elser sister? Where am I as your daughter? I seriously don't know how I looked and who I was back then and it's not normal!" I stopped because I was out of breath with all that saying.

They both again looked at each other and then at me with the most blank look on their faces.

"I need my memories now ammi abba! I need them" I said

"why do you always take up this topic when you know that we don't have anything to say you" ammi said

"what do you mean by 'nothing to say'? I spent my childhood with you! You don't have any memories with me?"

"no" she said blankly. The tears were on the brink of my eyes about to fall. I looked at my father for him to say anything but he just looked at me with cold eyes. "you don't have any memories with me?" I said almost whispering
"I think you should leave" abba said still looking into my eyes. This time he didn't care about the tears which were falling profusely from my eyes.
I wiped my eyes, got up and burst out of the room. I ran down the stairs.

"let's go" I said to zafar and ran to the car.
I tried so hard not let those tears fall off.

Zafar didn't look at me, it seemed his mood was not ok and so wasn't mine. As soon as he unlocked the car I opened the door and sat in, taking a deep breath.

"uncle and auntie didn't come out, I wanted to say them goodbye"

I didn't say anything. My mind was fully occupied by the conversation I had a few minutes ago.

"hafsa? You are crying?" oh no these tears didn't stop themselves by coming out. He leaned towards me.
"are you ok?"

I just nodded.

"no you aren't"

"I am... Let's just go"

"wanna have ice cream?" he wants me to have ice cream in such a situation! But what if he really wants..."ok" I just whispered.
I only looked forward at the streets and cars driving and observing how our life is also driving in the same way and it won't stay at a single place for a long time unless we stop just like how a car is.
Suddenly he stopped his car. I looked at my side from the window to see it was a restaurant. "come" he said and I just followed him like a small child.