Gangsters Or Criminals?

do vote and comment!
Let's take the first step towards the truth!
Word count :1521

CHAPTER #24

Zafar's POV

I had fever two days ago because that whatever happened that night just left me shocked and I took a lot of stress but now I am fine.
I was driving and smiling as our today's morning conversation came to my mind again and again

Today morning...
"don't you think I am so dashing?" I asked her mischievously. So many days went and I didn't irritate her.

"only I can say that" she said with her eyeballs situated at the corner of her eyes looking at me.

"why not others? Especially...."
Oh my God! This is really gonna be fun

"now I'll not talk to you" she smacked on my hand and started walking away from me
I caught her hand and pulled her closer

"I was just joking, only my wife has the right to call me anything she wants" I attached my forehead to hers.

"you are so...so"

"handsome" she smacked on my hand again and we both started laughing. That's my best moment.
I kissed on her cheek and left for my work.

Present...
I sat in my room and suddenly someone burst in.

"hey get out! Don't you have any manners?" I shouted at the man.

"bro come on stop joking" the man said shrugging.
I smiled and hugged him. He was cousin brother, fahad, with whom I went for shopping to the mall where I first saw hafsa.

"of course I was joking! BTW, what a pleasant surprise!"

"oh zafar I am so sorry I couldn't come and meet you at the time your wife was poisoned...I was about to come but something came up"

"oh it's ok, everything's fine now, we'll have lunch together?"

"sure, I won't go before I empty your pockets" he smirked and winked at me.
I laughed.

"how's your wife?" I asked him

"oh she's doing great and..."
I looked at him with a questioning look. "what?"

"I'll tell you later" he said, almost looking down.

We went to a restaurant nearby and sat on a table which was second last from the corner.
"come on tell me now" I urged him to say.

"wait..I'll tell you" he said and got up.
He went up to the counter and told something to the waiter.
He then came and sat down, facing me.

I was still looking at him with the most puzzled look while he he smiled goofly.
Just then, the waiter came up with a plate of sweets and fahad gave him his money.

He took a long breath "I am gonna be a father soon" he said

"what really?! Oh my God! This is the happiest news I've got till now!! I'll be an uncle"

"man stop you're going crazy" he laughed "these sweets from me, you can parcel them to your house too"

"man I am so happy for you, we will soon visit you" I said and then we had a hearty lunch.
...
"now I'll take your leave, do leave a text before you come"