Bonus Chapter

The rays of sun fell on hafsa's face as she slept fully tired.
Shafi had been crying for the whole night so, hafsa couldn't sleep all night.

Zafar was already awake and had a bath, wore his clothes and blazer and went down to have breakfast.

"how is hafsa?" mumina asked zafar while she made breakfast

"she is totally drained" he sighed "taking care of a child is not an easy job"

"and what were you doing?" she asked zafar looking at him with an unamused expression

"I helped her till half of the night but then she forcefully made me sleep because I have to go to office"

"oh" mumina said "take this" she gave a tray in which she kept a basket of rotis and a bowl of daal curry (lentils).

"you and hafsa eat together. Don't make her feel stressed or alone" mumina guided her son.

"don't worry ammi, I'll do my best" he smiled at her and took the tray to the room.

Hafsa wasn't on the bed.

Zafar slowly placed the tray on the bed and saw his daughter sleeping between the pillows.

"my angel" he leaned onto her and kissed her forehead.

"zafar" hafsa told from behind. She was wiping her face.

"hafsa" he caught her by her waist and pulled her close "my beautiful wife is a brave mother"

"you call me beautiful with these dark circles beneath my eyes" she looked down with a sad look

"you still are the most beautiful lady in my eyes" he cupped her cheeks and gave a peck on her lips. "I've brought breakfast for us, come let's have it"

Hafsa was not even half done with her breakfast that little shafi started crying again.
"oh oh my little shafi, no no come here" and there was hafsa again indulged in her daughter.

°°°°
3yrs later..

"babbaa" shafi yelled

"what is it? Let me sleep" zafar took turns on the bed, not willing to get up but his daughter, little shafi hit him nicely on his cheek to wake him up

"hey hey what are you doing?" zafar got up with a jerk. He could hear his own heartbeat. He looked on his side to see his little daughter sitting there, giggling.

"this girl was about to kill me" he started tickling his daughter

"what's going on here?" hafsa came in "shafi, go down, dadi is calling you"

Shafi got down the bed and ran down with her little steps to her grandmother.

"where were you?" zafar asked hafsa, getting off his bed.

"I was in the kitchen with samreen" hafsa said "you seem to forget me"

"why do you think so like that?" zafar moved closer to her with a worried expression

"loving our little daughter more than me?" she asked with a sad face

"no" zafar got closer his wife and cupped her cheeks "I love you more" he said as he joined his forehead with hers "don't you ever think that I would love anyone more than you but our daughter holds a different place in our hearts" he said kissing her around her forehead.
He felt hafsa was laughing "what happened?" he looked at her with a questioning face

"I was just pulling your leg dear husband" she burst out into a laughter

"what?" zafar panicked "and I got so worried"

Hafsa was still unable to stop her laugh. Zafar shrugged angrily and moved back.

"oh come here" hafsa pulled him to her and put her hands around his neck "am I not allowed to even irritate you a bit?"

"you've become more mischievous than before, do anything you like"

"then" hafsa whispered and took him into a kiss.

°°°°

"how's thiss painthing?" shafi asked her grandmother

"it's beautiful" she complimented "show it to your parents"

While zafar appreciated her daughter's painting, hafsa stood in a corner, sweating and panting, and fully panicked.

'where's hafsa?' as hw whispered and looked around to find her almost out of life.

"are you alright?" he rushed up to her "what's happening to you?"

"why is it... Is it.. Like that... Nightmare?" tears were forming in her eyes

"hey relax, all of it is gone" zafar consoled her "that's all in the past and now it's we, you, me and our little daughter"

He slowly wiped her tears which fell down her cheeks "you trust me right?"

"I do" she hugged him

"look at her" zafar said "our daughter is going to be as lovely as you and as intelligent as me when she'll grow up"

"so am I not intelligent?" hafsa asked with a little smirk

"oh you...my my"

"hey" hafsa hit him as he teased her.

The family was complete. They lived merrily ever after.

Until you see our little shafi sharing her story soon.

This was a bonus chapter for this story! How did you find it? Hope you liked it ✨

There will be an upcoming story 'unknowingly yours forever' whose main character will be shafi. Oh yes, our family of hafsa and zafar is taking its progress to another story in which shafi would be sharing her story.

Till then take care and keep supporting!
Jazakallah ❤️