The Hardest Nights

Do vote and comment 😊
And do plz ignore the mistakes... I know there are a lot of grammatical mistakes but just ignore them....

                 Word count : 1687

CHAPTER #7

Zafar went in morning and he would return when, I don't know. I can't believe, a month didn't pass since our marriage and he is attending work issues.
He was on holiday though and he is still having holiday for one month but he will get extra 7 days of the next month as he had to go for taking interviews.
Now, I think it was the best time to observe the strangeness of this place and find out what's so fishy here!
Since I came here, this house didn't make me feel that I am a stranger here... I know its not possible... But what if it is?

In the evening, I sat with dadi (the old lady... I am also calling her dadi because that's what relation she has with zafar)

"dadi"

"come my dear girl, sit here"
She adored me
I sat beside her

"dadi I want to ask you something but promise me that whatever we are talking now will be only in between of us"

"don't worry beta, I'll not tell anyone... You ask"

"dadi, are you this house's owners?"

"yes"

"since when?"

"beta why are you asking all of this? Is something bothering you?"

"no but I want to know about the... The.. History of this house.. Like whom it belonged to from the very start"

"ok I'll tell you" she comforted herself on her recliner
"this house is very old and this house was bought by my son, Zafar's father.
Unfortunately he just died 2yrs ago because of stroke"

"I am sorry"

"no no it's ok....but before we bought this house we stayed here as rent holders"

"ohh who were the owners back then?"

"beta I don't know, it was only Zafar's abba who knew who the owners were... I remember him telling once that he could have bought the house only if there weren't any defects in the property papers"

"oh....Umm.....do ammi also don't know who the owners were?"
Here I was referring to Zafar's mom as ammi as he also called the same so I also called the same.

"no beta, when Zafar's abba were alive.. It was only him who used to deal with these property things... We all didn't prefer to interfere"

"hmm.. So when was this house bought?"

"we stayed as rent holders for about 6 yrs, then we bought the house and that too it was not direct"

"not direct? I didn't understand"

"the owner sold the house to a broker who in turn sold to us so even amar didn't know who the real owners were... we were rent holders till the time the owner sold out the house to the broker. We had the deal so as soon the broker bought it, we purchased so the owner and amar did not know each other as the communication was only with broker"