Calls From Unknown Numbers

Plz do vote and comment!
Thank you😊

CHAPTER #13
Word count :1442

Hafsa's POV

I wonder where has zafar gone for so long!

I thought it would be better if I cook something that zafar likes so I went to the kitchen and I saw this man who had wore a black and white apron and cooking something which made the steam rise up to the ceiling.

"oh why did you come here? you could have called me if you needed something"

"no, thank you...I can do it by myself"

"that is great, I was really worried about you"

"why?"

"I heard about what happened when you went to zafar bhai's friend's party....may they rot in hell! how are you feeling now?"

"alhamdulillah better"

I tried to talk less as much as I can...but he continued on

"BTW beta, do you like zafar?"
I was frustrated now

"what do you mean by that? He is my husband!"

"beta don't be offended I am just asking you because I see he is so careless about you"

"you don't have to tell me about my husband ok? You're a cook here and be a cook....try not to become my mother something..know your limits!"

That shut his mouth.

I went to my room and breathed heavily to comfort myself.

Just then my phone rang. I saw someone was calling me who is not in my contacts. It was someone unknown. I was scared to pick it up. It can be any fake call or a spam or even any hacker but after about 2 minutes of thinking I thought of picking it up. Till I finished my thinking the call was cut. so I ignored but again my phone rang. OK FINE! I picked it up.

"hello, who is this?" I asked

there was no response. "Hello? anyone there?" still no one talked. I cut the call and thought it was a fake call or maybe a prank or anyone had dialed wrong number.

OH NO! I went to the kitchen not long ago to cook something for Zafar! alright....I went back to the kitchen to see that loose headed cook still preparing dinner there.

"you go I'll take care"

"no I can't. Let me do it"

"I said go" I said sternly. he just stared at me with ice cold eyes there and left the kitchen.

Ya shukar!

I kneaded the dough and boiled the potatoes. I was making aaloo parathas. When we were in London, I remember how zafar yearned for aaloo parathas so I know that he will be greatly delighted to find out that I am making this for him.

after a while, it was dinner time and even that cook was with me in the kitchen now but he didn't tell anything. He was silent and he kinda resembled a silent volcano going to erupt.