Never To Be Heard Again

Alhamdulillah finally we are here!
Do vote and comment
Word count: 1043

LAST CHAPTER

Zafar started the car and left the place as soon as possible. I kept an eye behind the car to see of someone is following us but no one was. We were soon on road and that brought a relief in me.

"there's a car following us" zafar said suddenly.
I looked behind to see he was right! It was abba's car and no doubt ammi would be in there.
Zafar sped the car to its highest speed but as he increased the speed, the one driving the car also increased their speed.
The speed was so much now that we couldn't sit on our seats intact.

"zafar, faster. They are coming nearer!"

"I cannot! Or else we'll bump somewhere and get into an accident" zafar yelled.
I looked back again to see that the car was now drifting badly round and round and it finally hit the electric pole.

"stop the car" I shouted and zafar obliged. He stopped the car on the side of the road.
I got out and ran towards the car to see smoke coming from its part of the cockpit which hit the electric pole.
I opened the door to see the one driving the car was ammi!
She had blood running from her head to lips all through her face.

"call the ambulance!"

Zafar rang the emergency number and in a matter of minutes the ambulance was here.
As they were taking ammi inside the ambulance, I called abba and told him everything

"come to the hospital, she is in a bad state"

"no this can't be, I'll be there" abba wailed on hearing  that his wife had run into an accident
...
We all sat outside the operation theater waiting for the doctor to come out and tell the condition.
Even though my so-called ammi did so much to me, I had tears in my eyes to see her in this condition.
Abba stood in front of us, biting his fist. He used to do that whenever he was very upset or nervous. His face was stained with tears.

Just then the doctor came out and we all rushed in front of him "I am sorry, she couldn't be saved"

Abba grabbed his head and cried, sitting in the corner. Zafar held and comforted him while I coped with myself.

"I am so sorry" zafar said to him.
...
"I don't know how I'll live now" abba said

"don't talk like that abba" I said looking away

"I am so so sorry beta, I shouldn't have done this to you, please forgive me" abba joined his hands into a plead and cried

"no abba don't do this, it's alright"

"no it's not"

"after auntie's funeral, you and samreen can come and live with us"

"what?!" he was shocked
I smiled at zafar. He really had a good heart

"yes abba" I said "you'll come and with us, let's sell this house and move on"

"you are my sweetest daughter, my child" he kissed me on my forehead and I felt like I have a true parent now.

Zafar's POV

It was auntie's funeral. I was deeply saddened by whatever happened especially because it made hafsa very sad and depressed.

After the body was buried, we came back to home to stay with uncle and samreen for a few days.
Many people were coming for condolences and one of them was imdad uncle and his family.
"how are you dear?" he asked hafsa

"alhamdulillah uncle, I am all good, how are you?"

"alhamdulillah"

"I lost my very good friend" saira auntie blower her nose which was so nasty.
I saw sadiq was standing at the door and gazing down.
I walked up to him and greeted well with a friendly smile

"hey, assalamualaikum, how are you?"

"walaikumassalam, I am doing good. Actually I wanted to tell something"

"yeah?"

"I am sorry"

"yeah I know it's ok, no one is permanent in this world"

"no, I am not giving any condolences. To be honest, I didn't come here to give any condolences. Actually I wanted to apologize to you and your wife for whatever I had done to you. I realize now that a person who does bad to others will get bad himself and I don't want to be one of them"

I smiled at him. This really made me happy

"it's not me to whom you should apologize but it's hafsa from whom you should ask sorry"
I kept my hand on his back and led him to hafsa

"hafsa, sadiq wants to tell you something"
She turned to look at him

"I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but I am really ashamed of what I've done, I'm so sorry" sadiq said "I've realized the reality of life now"

Hafsa smiled and said "it's enough for me that Allah has forgiven and has shown you the right path. If he is giving you a second chance, then who are we to deny"

That touched my heart. Sadiq had tears in his eyes "you both are very good persons, may allah bless you both and always keep you together" he hugged me so tightly that I was almost out of breath
"let's be friends" he said after letting me go of the hug, his eyes gleaming

"sure" I said "we all will be very good friends"

"we?"

"yes! You, shams, amaan and I"

He smiled so widely now that I could see all of his teeth. He was also a good person from inside and now I was going to have a new start with my new friends!

Hafsa's POV

It was finally time to leave and samreen was quite excited to go to her new home.
Zafar and abba stood in the hall discussing something about selling the house while I just looked around for one last time.

"we will go now?" zafar asked me. Abba and samreen had gone to sit in the car and all the suitcases were loaded.

"I will miss this home a lot.. I've spent more than half of my childhood here"

"it's gonna be alright" zafar kissed me on the forehead and smiled. "we are going to have a complete new start and if we see logically, we are going to the house you were born in, thought it seems strange"

I giggled at his expression "it's not mine but our house, isn't it?"
He nodded and we both laughed
I hugged him and I had a content feeling in me that now I have my memories and I know who really I am.

"let's go now" zafar said excited

"hmm sure" I squealed and with a few pieces of laughs, we left that house and past behind forever... Never to be heard again!