It's Impossible

Do vote and comment!
Word count :1159

CHAPTER #27

This is really important, I heard that the little girl of the family wasn't killed. I urge the team to bring her to me instead of killing her or dumping somewhere as we discussed.

I could feel my mouth round in shock. I couldn't believe what I was reading. The case that happened with amaan and shams's parents, is my family involved in it somehow?
Many questions were arising in my mind when I started clearing the wrinkles on the other paper and started reading it.

Dear didi,
I've been a bad sister to you since we were little. You were my elder but I didn't consider you as one. And now I apologize to you for what I am going to do because whatever I am doing is for my right. It's not gonna be a guna because I am fighting for what is rightfully mine. Our parents gave you everything, almost everything because you are the elder one and also more responsible than me. I feel ignored and dismayed and now it's beyond my tolerance.

I am sorry...

This was the end of that letter. I was sure of one thing that this letter was written by ammi to her elder sister but she never told me that she also had an elder sister. I folded the letters and the other papers slowly and kept it with the photo album in the wardrobe which zafar and I found in the storeroom.
I was feeling my head is rotating. I didn't expect to find such kind of letters in abba's study. I looked at the time and it was almost time for lunch. I went to the bathroom and made wuzu to perform my zuhr salah.

After salah, I went down and spent some time with dadi and ammi, even phuppu was at home.
The day went normal.
"give me your daughter's number, I would like to talk to her"

"sure" phuppu was very happy while giving her number to me.

"what's her name BTW?" I asked chuckling at my own madness, not asking the name

"aliya"

"mashallah, beautiful name! Zafar told me you even have a son who is staying in a hostel"

"oh yes, he is staying in a hostel in another city for his studies. His name is sayeed"

"mashallah" I said nodding while she dictated me her daughter's number.
"she will be very happy to talk to you, actually she did ask me your number but I didn't give because I didn't have your permission and even you were ill when I came so I thought to wait for a while"

"ohh" we continued our talk, laughs and smiles everywhere when the bell rang. I guess it was zafar.
A servant went and opened the door and to our shock, it was zafar who was entering but his state was devastated. His shirt was torn near the collar and he had red bruise near his lips which were bleeding too.

"oh ya allah, what is this beta?" dadi yelled "who did this to you?"
We all ran towards him and circled around him, asking about his condition.

"I need to take some rest" he said in a very low tone and went to the room.

"beta, you go after him" ammi said "make sure you treat his wounds and if you need us, don't hesitate to call us"

"yes ammi, don't worry" I told her in a satisfying tone and went behind him to the room.

I slowly opened the door and saw zafar was sitting on bed, facing his back to the door, heavily breathing.
"zafar" I said slowly and moved towards him "who did this to you?" I asked.
I sat down in front of him to face him as he was looking down and when he saw me, I felt some kind of pain in those eyes, tears pricking his eyes.
He did not say anything
"who did this to you, zafar?" I insisted

"few goons came to my office today"

"what?!" I was shocked

"sadiq was with them" he looked at me. I immediately understood when he said Sadiq's name, that the reason behind his state was me.

"why did he come there?" I was getting angry now.
Zafar shrugged and told "they simply want me to divorce you" this time those traitorous tears fell off from his eyes "I don't get it, seriously, I don't get it" he said looking away.

Tears were falling off my eyes profusely but I didn't realize it until I spoke "I am sorry"

"why are you telling sorry?" he said looking at me, twitching his eyebrows. He caught my shoulders softly and moved me upwards, making me stand and then towards the bed, so that I can sit beside him. "you didn't do anything" he cupped my cheeks and wiped the tears which were falling down "I can't leave you nor will I ever leave because it's simply impossible. You are a very precious gem in my life and I realize I just can't live without you and I am ready to face any problem"
Tears were falling from my eyes and I was actually crying. I slowly moved my head towards his chest. He pulled me closer by me waist, while his other hand on my head, caressed my hair in slow circles.

"you are wounded, let me bandage you" I cleaned his wounds and bandaged him. "you go get bath" I said him.
He smiled and kissed me on my forehead and went to bath.

Till he took his bath, I sat down to think for a moment. What is all this happening with us?
I decided I'll discuss about the letters with him.
When zafar came out and got relaxed, I decided it was the proper time to discuss this with him.
I took out the letters from my wardrobe and gave it to zafar to read.

"hmm.. What are these letters about?"

"I found theses letters in abba's study and these are written by ammi"
Zafar stared at the letters for some while, thinking something.
"is something wrong?" I asked him "you aren't saying anything"

"I don't feel good about this" he said "can I ask you something?"

"yeah sure"

"do you have any picture of you with your family when you were little?"

"umm no" I said awkwardly "why are you asking that?"

"who's the little girl your ammi is mentioning in this letter?"

"it obviously can't be me because I am their daughter"

"ok then, do you remember auntie talking or meeting any girl when you were little?"

"to be honest, I don't remember anything...my childhood" I said looking away.

"there's something I understand from these letters"

"what?"

"I am afraid it may offend you or maybe you wont believe but I strongly feel the connection"

"I am listening"

Guna: bad deed