Visit To Sadiq's Parents House

Do vote and comment ☺️
word count : 2919
One of the longest chapters I wrote pheww🤯

CHAPTER #16

Zafar's POV

she slowly walked in. I walked behind her to the room. I badly wanted to know what was upsetting her. It was almost night, ammi also came to our room and asked us to join dinner.

"I'm not hungry" hafsa said smiling at ammi.

"oh dear, are you ok?"

"yes ammi, I just have a little headache and I'm not feeling hungry at all"

"ok dear, take rest"

Ammi showed me eyes to join for dinner and I just nodded. I can't eat when hafsa is hungry and so upset. Hafsa went to the bathroom to get fresh but after a while, I heard loud splashes from inside. She was surely splashing the whole water tank on herself. I sat on the bed facing the bathroom door, waiting for her. After for about 5 minutes, she came out, her face shining and eyes a little red. She was really stressing herself. She looked at me, straight into my eyes as if to ask 'you are still here?'

I shifted myself to the left to make place for her to sit. I beat the bed slowly on my side indicating her to sit with me, here.

"now tell me" I said "what is making you so upset?"
She was looking down.

"I know if I tell you, you'll laugh at me"

"no I won't! Instead I'll try to understand you" I said her with a slight smile on face.

"ammi and abba never hided anything from me but one thing that they hide is my childhood" she said "you say me your stories, my friends say me....but I never have anything to tell to anyone because I don't know...I don't remember my childhood"
Tears were emerging from her eyes. I moved closer to her, listening each and every word she spoke. "whenever I tried asking them, they made one or other excuse to avoid it" she breathed in, making sound. I handed over my handkerchief if she wants to blow those things out from her nose because of all that crying.
"today, when I spoke to adil, I felt so nice"
I didn't like it
"so I wanted to ask my parents again but today...today..." she wailed and cried like she never did. I never saw her like this.

"calm down hafsa" I said her patting  on her back

"today...they were rude..... They said... They said" she wailed again
"they said that they don't have any memories with me!!"
This time she hit her head to my chest and cried silently clenching my kameez (the upper piece of jhubba).

"calm down calm down...there must be some reason behind it" I said innocently

"no, what can be the reason behind not telling someone about their childhood which they have forgotten....I wonder how did I even forget it" she said shrugging and raising her shoulders which almost touched her jawlines.

"maybe you had an accident or something like that?" that was a very horrible guess of mine.
"come" hafsa sat near her pillow. "should I bring dinner? Let's have it together" there was a small smile on her face. She nodded.

The house was silent. It seemed everyone went to their rooms and only we both were awake. I slowly crept to the cook's room as I didn't know even the ABCs of the kitchen.
"sir, what are you doing at this time?"