eight

"That's not a happy face," Joshua said after seeing Jeonghan cursing at their surprise.

"You all ignored me the whole fucking day!" He replied, holding in his anger.

"But it was for this, umm surprise, I guess?" Joshua was scared, and he finally kept quiet. You can see their faces were all kind of disappointed with Jeonghan's reaction.

"That's not nice, jeonghan. They planned to surprise you for a few weeks already. At least thank them," you said to him with a serious face.

Jeonghan sighed, and he felt terrible for yelling at his friends. They must have put much effort into preparing the surprise.

"Fine, thank you, everyone, I'm touched by the surprise, but I'm just sad? Everyone ignored my texts and calls the whole day. I thought all of you avoided me," he said after a while, and seungcheol ran to him and ruffled his hair.

"We would never, bro trust me," he smiled, and the rest smiled too.

You liked how their friendship bonded in a large group of 13. Seeing their effort in planning the surprise explains everything.

"Now enough drama, and let's eat," Hoshi said, and Jeonghan went to the table where they prepared all the food.

You took a bottle of soju and sat on a blanket laid on the grass while looking at the sky. The cold breeze of the night air is hitting your skin, making you shiver.

"Hey," Jeonghan comes to sit beside you while bringing a pack of chips and a big bottle of soda.

"Hi, you done being mad?" You asked him playfully, and he nodded.

"I got my chips, so yes, I'm done," he showed the big pack of chips he managed to fight over with Joshua making you laugh. Of course, he would win.

"Right, I almost forgot, this is for you," you handed him a blue paper bag that is tied with a ribbon.

"You got me a birthday present?" He took the paper bag while feeling surprised.

"It's not much though, sorry if you don't like it," you smiled, and he shook his head.

"Thank you, it's more than enough," he smiled back, making you feel all warm inside. Jeonghan started to open the bag, but you stopped him immediately.

"No, no, don't open here, open when you're in your room," you said to him shyly.

"Okay," Jeonghan understands and puts the paper bag beside him.

"Cheers to Jeonghan's birthday," you hold your bottle in front of him.

"Cheers," he clinked his soda bottle with yours, and both of you giggled.

"Look over there," Jeonghan whispered to your ear while asking you to look in a direction. You were feeling nervous at how close he is to you right now. But listening to his instruction is making you gasp.

"Oh my god," he placed a hand over your mouth to keep you quiet.

"Shh, pretend we didn't saw them," jeonghan giggled, but your eyes are still wide to process what did you just saw.

"They're moving way too fast," you said to Jeonghan, and he nodded, agreeing with you.

Both of you are still secretly eyeing Isabell and Seungcheol, who are kissing each other a bit far from everybody.

"I gotta say I've never seen Seungcheol liking a girl this much," jeonghan said after taking another sip of his soda.

"You know him for how long?" Your head started feeling a little bit light from the alcohol.