forty-nine

Unedited: do comment if there are any unclear parts or grammatical errors thank you :)

_____________________________

"Change into these and lay on the bed. I'll get you some medicines," you handed him his sleepwear so he could sleep comfortably rather than the work clothes.

Jeonghan is almost asleep when you come back into the room with the pill and water for his fever and a thermometer.

"Open your mouth," he opens his mouth without having the energy to question anything you're doing and you put the thermometer to check his temperature.

"You can sleep after eating this. I'll get some groceries and medicines for your cough and flu," he nodded weakly and stared up at you, waiting for the thermometer to go off.

"Jeonghan your temperature is 39.6?" You look at him worried.

"Is that bad?" He mumbled with the thermometer still in his mouth. You nodded before pulling the device away and helping him to sit up for a while so he could take his pills.

"Here," you handed him two white pills and a glass of water which he swallowed with a disgusted face.

"Try and get some sleep okay? I'll be back soon," you grab your bag and are ready to go out but he held your wrist which made you turn back to him, wondering if he needed something.

"I want a hug," he said with a pout.

Such a baby. You can't say no to him though, so you gave him a brief hug.

"Rest okay? Call me if you need anything," you gently lay him down and pull the blanket to cover up his body.

________________________________

You peek into the darkroom to find Jeonghan is fast asleep while cuddling into his pillow. You backed out of the room and closed the door quietly as possible. You didn't want to wake him up.

You sat down on the living room couch and stared at the medicine you had just bought him while thinking about what he could eat.

"I'll make him some chicken soup," you decided after giving some thought and looking at what groceries you have.

An hour passes by and you slowly bring the food tray to the bedroom.

"Jeonghan? Let's eat some soup and medicine," you slowly tap his body to wake him up.

"Hey," he croaks out with a sore voice and then coughs.

"I'm sorry to wake you up, but you haven't eaten anything since morning," you helped him sit down and gave him the bowl of soup.

He stared at the bowl for quite some time before looking at you.

"Did you make this?" You nodded and he grabbed one of your hands.

"I'm sorry for troubling you baby,"

"Don't say like that. It's the least I can do to take care of you," you smiled and sat on the chair beside the bed.

"Eat up and continue your rest," he slowly took the spoon and started eating the soup, one spoon after another. You placed the back of your hand on his forehead again to check.

"Your fever isn't going down,"

"I'll wipe your body with a towel and water. Let's see if it can make your temperature go down a bit," you look at him worried.

"If it doesn't, then we're going to the clinic," you said before you took the empty bowl from his hand and gave him his medicine.

After having him settle his medication, you stand up ready to go away to bring the tray to the kitchen but was stopped by his hands tugging on the end of your shirt.

"Can you stay here for a bit? I miss you," you turn around to him, who is looking at you with a hoping face.

You put the tray back and sit back again on the chair.

"Have a good rest hannie,"

_____________________________

Jeonghan tugged the strand of your hair that fell, covering your face to the back of your ear. His touch woke you up from your sleep.

"Hey, you're up," you stretched your body before sitting down on the bed. You must've fallen asleep while wiping his body with the towel last night.

"Feeling better?" He nodded at the question.

You grabbed the thermometer from the bedside table to check.

"Open,"

He followed what he was instructed and patiently waited for the thermometer to go off.

"36.8, you're almost better now," you showed him the number and sighed in relief.

"But I am better," he said with a sniff.

"With that flu and cough still there, you're not going anywhere," you lightly tap on both sides of his cheeks which he huffed in dissatisfaction.

You know it was suffocating sleeping and resting in bed with a fever all day.

"I'll make you breakfast, go and take a hot shower," you ruffled his hair and turned around to leave the room but Jeonghan circled his arm on your waist and pulled you back until you fell onto his lap.

You looked at him, who was staring at you with a smile.

"Do you know how much I miss you?" He said and gave a kiss on your shoulder. You turned your body properly to face him and cupped his cheeks.

"But I was here," and you gave a peck on his nose.

"I miss hugging you," he replied and gave you a tight hug.

"I miss kissing you," and he kissed your cheeks.

"I just miss you a lot," he breathed out and rested his face on your chest.

"I miss you too. I was so worried about you," you hug him back, knowing you felt the same.

"I'll make your favourite banana pancakes, so go and take a shower," you said with a grin at him.

"Do I smell bad?" He tried to sniff himself, although his nose was blocked and he could barely smell anything.

"It's not that baby. You slept in bed the whole day. It's better to freshen up," you replied and stood up straight from his lap.

"Alright, as long as I'm getting my banana pancakes,"