sixteen

"This is coffee for you," Mina, one of your colleagues in your department, gave you a cup of coffee. You already know from who it was.

"Are you not having something with Mr. Yoon?" It was YeJin's turn to ask.

Mina and YeJin are the only two-person who you are close in the department.

Ever since everyone saw you walking with Jeonghan yesterday, the only question you got was, 'are you having something with Mr. Yoon?'

"No, I swear we're just friends," you explained for the hundredth time probably.

"Yeah, right, friends," Mina rolled her eyes, showing that she didn't believe you.

"I've been watching both of you since yesterday. It doesn't seem like there's nothing," YeJin squinted her eyes, feeling not satisfied with your answer.

"We only had lunch together. What's the big deal?" You groaned.

"It is a big deal if you're having lunch with the boss," YeJin smacked the table lowly, which made you sit up straight.

"Wait, boss?" Your eyebrows were furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah, boss? Mr. Yoon, the boss?" Mina asked you back, also feeling confused with your reaction.

"Boss of the marketing and sales department?" You asked them back, taken aback by the new information you just got.

"What are you talking about? Mr. Yoon Jeonghan, the CEO of YJ Company? Hello?" Mina waved her hands in front of your face.

Your eyes were not blinking, and your brain is processing everything you just heard.

Both of them look at you confused.

"Wait, you don't know? He never told you?" YeJin asked you.

"No! I mean, how is that even possible?" You replied, feeling hot all over.

"Y/n, Mr. Yoon has the look of a hotshot CEO. How can a face like that only be a head of the sales and marketing department?" Mina chuckled when she imagined Mr. Yoon being a staff.

"Besides, no department head can bring different cars every week," YeJin added, which made everything clicked.

That's why he was hesitant in answering when you asked him which department he belongs to and all the cars he owned.

"What the fuck is his problem with me?"

________________________

Jeonghan:
Are you free this lunch?

No, I have work

Jeonghan:
:((

You slammed your phone on your desk after replying in annoyance, looking at the sender's name.

__________________________

"Y/n!" You stopped in your tracks after hearing your name being called by a familiar voice.

"Ugh fuck, you guys wait here," you told Mina and YeJin to wait before turning around and looking at Jeonghan, who's now in front of you.

"Is there anything you want?" You said to him without a smile.

"You said you were busy with work," Jeonghan asked you. He wants to have lunch with you.

When you texted back that you were busy, he was about to bring some lunch to you instead, worry that you might skip lunch to do your work.