sixty-four

Unedited: do comment if there are any unclear parts or grammatical errors. Thank you :)

_____________________________

"Good morning sleepyhead!" Jeonghan greeted you and opened the curtains in the room, letting the morning sun enter your room.

"Huh?" You rubbed your eyes in confusion and snuggled into the sheets.

"Let's have breakfast," Jeonghan strokes your hair and kisses your forehead.

"What time is it?" You wanted to grab your phone but were too lazy to do so.

"7," your mind processed what he just said and you realized it was still too early.

"Jeonghan noo I want to sleep some moree," you cover your face with the sheets, wanting to get more sleep before facing a hard day of work.

"I prepared something for you," he said and you peeked through to see what he meant.

"Your favourite," you quickly sit up when you see him holding a tray. You smiled widely when you saw your favourite banana pancakes and a cup of tea.

"You made me breakfast in bed?"

"I thought I would do something special for you today," he took one of your hands and kissed it.

"You want me to drive you to work today?" He asks and you shake your head.

"It's okay," you then continue enjoying your breakfast with Jeonghan quietly accompanying you by your side.

"Can you please be back today by 6?"

"Is there another surprise for me?" You tried to guess.

"That is for you to discover later,"

"Tell mee," you tried to persuade him again but he didn't fall for it.

"No can do," he pinched your nose lightly at the remark.

"Promise that you'll be back by 6," he said again and you nodded.

"I promise,"

"Don't bail on me," he added and you kissed him to shut his mouth.

"I won't,"

______________________________

"Miss y/n, here's the file you requested," Ji Woo handed you the file you wanted.

"Thank you Ji Woo,"

"Why don't you go home early today?" You suggested to her.

"What about you?" She was unsure if she could leave you alone with work to do.

"I'm finishing soon so don't worry," you assured her and she smiled widely.

"Thank you so much! I'll see you tomorrow," she bowed goodbye and left your office.

"I still have some time left," you look at the time showing 4 pm.

"I can still do one more thing,"

______________________________

You groaned at the feeling of your back hurting from bending too long and looked around to see you were still at your office.

Realization hits you and you gasp.

"Oh shit, Jeonghan!" You grab your purse and phone, not caring if you left anything behind and straight away go to your car to drive back home.

"Can't the traffic be faster?" Your fingers were holding the steering wheel tight and saw the time on the dashboard showing it was 8 pm.

"Jeonghan?" You called out as you stormed into the house. You saw there was a dining table prepared with decorations of rose petals and candles. Jeonghan was sitting quietly there, not looking at you.

You quickly rushed to him and held his hand.

"Jeonghan, I'm so sorry. I remembered the time and got some work done and-" he scoffed and pulled away his hand immediately.

"Is that the only thing that matters to you? Work?" You were taken aback at how he suddenly changed. He has never looked at you like that before.

"I waited for you, called you," tears started pooling at the corner of your eyes.

"I fell asleep and-" he didn't even want to hear your explanation and cut you off again.

"Of course you did. Why would all of this be important like your work?"

"No, Jeonghan please-," you try to retake his hand and he stands up, feeling infuriated.

"I tried y/n. I tried to understand you,"

"Jeonghan-" you started sobbing.

"Do you even remember what day it is today?" His sudden question makes you pause and your brain tries to process what may be today's special day. You were sure it was not his birthday.

To no avail, nothing came out from you.

"Thought so," he smiled with a scoff.

"It's our first anniversary," your eyes widen when he finally reminds you.

"I forgot-"

"I wanted to have dinner with you. I made this dinner myself. I wanted to spend quality time with you and bring you to a nice suite. I want to show you how much I love you," his voice raised and his eyes pointed at the two pieces of luggage he packed beside the door. He prepared everything for you.

You can only look down in guilt, knowing everything is your fault but you were too scared to look at him in the eyes.

"I'm okay with you forgetting our anniversary and willing to be a boyfriend that understands his girlfriend's work and occasionally cares for her wellbeing,"

"But I can't do this alone, y/n," your head lifts instantly at his words.

"Jeonghan wha..what are you saying?" You were panicking. Jeonghan never said that before.

"I'm willing to commit to you and let you achieve your career dream, but I don't see you trying,"

"I am Jeonghan, I-" you walk forward, trying to go to him but with each step you take, he takes a step backward.

"You're not trying for us y/n. I'm trying for us," he emphasized the word I.

"Maybe I'm not trying hard enough," he said and you shook your head while crying.

"Jeonghan," you called out to him, although you knew it might be no use.

"Please," you were scared. You've never been this afraid of losing Jeonghan before.

"I'll let you prioritize your work in peace now," he took a deep breath and looked you straight in the eyes.

"Let's break up,"