Chapter 2 "Something They Didn't Expect" (Re-Written)

Something Regulus didn't expect was that the first thing he would have to do when dealing with this new world of his was that he would sae a dukes son. Which he was gratefully rewarded for, In return he asked for a few maps and details on this new world. He wa also rewarded with a few quite expensive arifactjs where he could store food and provisions in.

Regulus wasn't stupid, he knew he was powerful but without a heart bearer he could only use that for 5 Seconds. Don't get it wrong, in those five seconds Regulus is the strongest in the World. Thats what he thought at least. It was partially true to an extent.

But right now he knew his limits, so using the money he received from the duke in return for his son, Regulus purchased several packing for his next adventure or exploration I guess.

The first destination he was going to would obviously be the orcas labyrinth. This was for two reasons. One the Gospel assured him that doing so is the best option. Two is that well it is, Regulus didn't remember the whole story of "Arifureta" but he did remember that the "Hajime" Person would become very strong and would anguish the Gods of this world. Unfortunately that's all he could remember, He had to rely on the gospel for the rest.

Not that he had a problem with that, despite the first creepiness of the feeling that the gospel gave him. Surprisingly growing used to it was a very easy task for a self satisfied him.

————

Hajime's footsteps grew steadily more wary as he attempted to enter the room with the double doors. He made it all the way to the door without encountering anyone.

Pushing the door open completely but still wary, clearly on the lookout for any traps.

The room on the other side of the door was pitch black, with not a single light source to be found. However, a combination of his Night Vision and the light spilling in from the room outside was enough for him to dimly make out his surroundings.

The interior of the room was composed of the same marble-like substance that Hajime had first seen in the church cathedral. Two rows of thick pillars, spaced out at regular intervals, extended all the way to the end of the room. In the very center of the room stood a huge cubical slab of rock. Its surface was glossy, and it shone from the reflected light coming in from the room behind.

Hajime took a closer look at the cube, noticing there was something that glowed faintly jutting out from the center of its front face. It looked almost as if it was sprouting out of the rock.

Intent on getting a closer look, he threw the doors open wide, and looked for something to hold them in place. He didn't want to make the classic horror movie mistake and enter only to find the door shut behind him.

However, before he could fix them in place he saw something which he very much unexpected to see here, it was in the center of the cube, something on it stirred.

"...Who goes there?" He heard a faint, hoarse, female voice. Startled, Hajime looked over to the center of the room again. The "something" he had seen earlier was squirming slightly. The light pouring in from the other room revealed that something's true form.

"A... person?" The something sprouting from the rock was indeed a person.

The girl was buried in the rock from the neck down, and her golden- blonde hair dangled limply in front of her face, much like the ghost from a certain famous horror movie. Eyes as red as the blood moon peeked out from between gaps in her hair. She looked to be rather young. Still, despite her haggard appearance and her hair covering the better part of her face, it was still clear she was quite beautiful.

Hajime stiffened in surprise; he hadn't expected to see another person so deep in the labyrinth. It seemed the girl was just as surprised to see him too, as she was staring at him in dumbfounded shock. After a moment of silence, he took some deep breaths to steady himself, and then resolutely said...

Hajime: "Sorry. I'll just leave now."

He went to go and close the doors again. But before he could, the blonde-haired red-eyed girl hurriedly called out to him once more. Her voice was hoarse and weak, most likely from years of disuse, but the desperation in it was clear.

?: "W-Wait...! Please...! Help me..."

Hajime: "Don't wanna."

Hajime replied curtly, then returned his attention to the doors. A truly heartless reply.

"Wh-Why... Please... I'll do anything, so..."

She really was desperate. Though she could barely move her neck, she still raised her face up to look at Hajime.

But even then, Hajime only gave an irritated reply.

"You know, I really doubt it'd be a good idea to free someone that's clearly been sealed all the way down here in the deepest pits of hell. That just spells trouble. As far as I can tell there's nothing but the seal in here... and it doesn't look like that'll help my escape at all, so..."

It was a fair argument.

However, there were few people so devoid of sympathy that they could so easily ignore a girl's pleas for help. It was clear that the old, kind Hajime had long since perished.

Though he had refused her so bluntly, the girl continued hopelessly calling out for help.

"No! Cough... I-I'm not anyone bad...! Please wait! I..." He continued pulling the double doors closed, but just before he shut them completely, he ground his teeth. Had he been a bit faster he wouldn't have had to hear those last words of hers.

"I was betrayed!" He heard, through the tiny crack of the still open door.

————

Regulus was getting quite agitated but this! Honestly to restrict him passage because the area was 'Too dangerous For normal Folk' Normal Folk?!? How dare that guard put him In the same category as everyone else! Disgraceful! Unforgivable! Heinous!

After being denied entry Regulus did what Regulus would have done. That is make a 'brief' explanation the the guard that he was violating one of his finite right's. But even after that the guard interrupted him said he talks too much and tried to kick him out.

Key word in this is 'Tried', As some might have guessed you can't refuse Regulus his rights, nor can you interrupt and insult him when he is so generous as to provide you with a speech on proper etiquette and manners.

As such Regulus made the only reasonable choice and protected his right's.

By promptly sending the four guard's into the air were they flew up to 40 meter's high. Before even falling down tho Regulus had already been long gone into the labyrinth.

----

「inspired by "filip1500" and "SFK_15"」

This Chapter was published on 14/07/21.

This Chapter was Edited on 29/06/22.

(I do not own Re:Zero nor Arifureta)