Chapter 13 "The Reisen Labyrinth" Part 4

Shea: "Hajime, over there."

Hajime: "Hm?"

Noticing something, Shea pointed to a spot below her. There was a little tunnel there.

Hajime: "A tunnel... What do you think we should do? We can climb back up, or we can see what's down there."

Shea: "I-I'm fine with whatever you decide, Hajime-san. All I ever do is make things worse for us, so..."

Hajime: "Don't worry, we'll punish you properly for that when we get out of
here."

Shea: "Now I am worried! Couldn't you have just left it at 'don't worry'!?"

Yue: "How impudent. Your punishment's been doubled."

Shea: "You too, Yue-san!? Man, I won't be able to catch a break even after we finish with this place."

Hajime and Yue were as merciless as always.

Hajime: Oh hey you actually came back. Wait how are you standing on ... Air.

Y/n was standing on Air using [Stillnes of an Objects time] With Yue sitting on his shoulders, legs wrapped around Y/n neck.

Hajime: "if only you could use your future sight to show us where to go."

Shea: "Umm, I'm still not that good with it yet. I have been practicing, but..."

Future sight was the only special magic Shea could use. It allowed her to see one of the potential futures that might unfold. But because of how much mana it took, she could only use it once a day. And because her strength was dependent on her body strengthening, without any mana she was just a worthless fan service rabbit. She had been practicing when they had time, lowering the amount of mana it took little by little, but...

she still had a long way to go before she mastered the technique.

Hajime: "Well, no point in complaining about what we don't have. I'd rather keep pressing forward, so let's check that tunnel."

Yue: "Okay."

Shea: "mhm"

Y/n: "Works for me."

Hajime fired another anchor from his arm, and tarzaned his way over to the tunnel.
The tunnel, like the rest of the labyrinth, was illuminated by linrock. It didn't seem to branch off as far as they could tell and continued straight forward. The fact that there wasn't even a single turn was suspicious. Or perhaps Miledi's constant harassment had just made them all paranoid. Warily, the group made their way down the passage. They went on for a few hundred meters without incident.

The utter uniformity of the tunnel made it hard to gauge distance accurately. Everything was so eerily unchanging that they started to wonder if they were just walking in place.
Just as they were starting to grow suspicious, there was a change in the monotony, as if the cavern had anticipated their worries. There was a spacious room up ahead. The group relaxed a little, hurriedly rushing into the room... only to hear the familiar sound of another trap activating.

Y/n: "What is it this time... Oh right, the ceiling."

Hajime: "Shea."

Shea: "Y-You got it!"

Everyone looked up at the ceiling and saw that it was slowly coming down on them. It was cliche, as far as traps went, but as their magic was practically sealed, it was quite an effective one. From the hallway, it would have looked like the room had suddenly vanished and been replaced with a wall. That was how fast the ceiling had fallen. The hallway they had come from was now a dead end.