Chapter 11 "The Reisen Labyrinth" Part 2

Hajime tried to calm her down, while Y/n just showed his frustration face.

As she led them inside, Hajime saw that the wall had been hollowed out on one side, making for a surprisingly spacious room. Shea puffed out her chest proudly and pointed to a section of the wall that was halfway between the entrance and the back.

Hajime and Yue looked at what she was pointing at and blinked in confusion. A rectangular signboard was carved directly into the stone wall. Written on it, in cute cursive letters, was this:

—Welcome everyone! Welcome to Miledi Reisen's heart-pounding dungeon~

The exclamation marks and tildes only served to exacerbate the reader.

Y/n: "The hell is this?"

Y/n was still rambling about how he got pulled away from reading [Insert fav manga] so he still didn't understand that he was near an entrance of a labyrinth.

"...What? The"

Hajime and Y/n spoke simultaneously. It looked as if they couldn't
believe their own eyes.

That cutesy handwriting was completely out of place in the desolate gorge.

"What's that supposed to mean? This is the entrance, obviously! When I was going to the bath... I mean, when I was looking for flowers, I found it here by accident. To think Reisen Gorge really was the entrance to another one of the labyrinths."

Y/n finally recovered from his shock enough to stare at them in disbelief.

Y/n: "Yue. Hajime. You think this is really it?"

Yue just shrugged while hajime said with a long monotone.

Hajime: "......Yeah."

Yue: "That was a long pause. What makes you think so?"

Hajime: "...Miledi."

Y/n: "Makes sense..."

Oscar's notes had informed them that Reisen's first name had indeed been
Miledi. The name Reisen was famous, but most people hadn't known her first name. And so, the fact that it was written on the board made it highly likely that it was the entrance to the labyrinth proper.

The only reason they were doubtful at all was because...

Hajime: "What's with this stupidly cutesy writing?"

Hajime thought back to the numerous life and death struggles he faced in the Great Orcus Labyrinth. If this labyrinth was anything like it, he'd be in for a tough fight. And yet, the entrance was marked with this utterly incongruous lighthearted sign. Yue, too, had felt firsthand just how harsh a labyrinth could be, so she couldn't help but wonder if this wasn't just someone's idea of a prank.

But Y/n lost his annoyed face and was smiling smugly as a kid who had just got the best toy in the shop.

Hajime: "But there's nothing that looks like an entrance here. The cave just leads
to a dead end further up..."

Oblivious to their inner turmoil, Shea glanced around the cave and tapped the walls, searching for an opening.

"Hey, Shea. Don't..."

Clunk!

"Fugyah!?"

"Don't touch things carelessly like that"

was what Hajime had been trying
to say, but before he could, the wall Shea had tapped suddenly flipped around, dragging Shea toward whatever was on the other side. It was just like one of those trick doors you'd see in a ninja hideout.