Chapter 8 "The Haulia Tribe"

After about 30 minutes of driving they start to notice the start of the forest and its a bit of a strange transition due to them being in the desert and then suddenly in a forest full of grass and stuff.

Shia: There it is!

Y/n: Alright alright no need to scream.

Shia: Hey Mm! Dad! I came back!!!

Yue: Geez what a loud rabbit.

Shia's Dad: Shea! You were safe!

Shia: Father!

The first one to reach Shea was a rabbit-eared man in his mid-forties, with
cropped navy blue hair. Though as far as Y/n was concerned, there was no value in putting bunny ears on an old dude...

[Now that I think about it... it's really weird]

He watched as Shea spoke with her father, taking in how strange this looked from an earthling's perspective. Once they were done reaffirming each other's safety, they both turned to face The four of them.

Bunny: You would be Corneas-dono, correct?

The Old Bunny Said while looking at Y/n.

Bunny: My name is Cam Haulia. I'm Shea's father, and the chieftain of the Haulia tribe. You have my deepest gratitude for saving both my daughter and the rest of my tribe. And I've heard that you're even going to assist us in our survival and train us... As both a father and a chieftain, I simply cannot thank you enough."

The rabbitman named Cam bowed his head deeply as he finished. Behind him, the rest of his tribe followed suit.

Y/n: Well, thanks are all well and good, but Also, I'm surprised you all trust me so easily. I thought humans and beastmen didn't get along too well...

Although Y/n had seen the story he was surprised the beastmen were supposedly being persecuted by the other races. In fact, the reason they were stuck in this tight spot in the first place was because of humans. Yet despite that, they were all bowing their head to Him, another human, and truly seemed to believe he would save them.

While it may have been true that he was their only hope at this point, he still found it suspicious that they seemed to harbor no resentment toward him at all, and that they were so easily willing to accept him.

Cam smiled awkwardly as he replied.

Cam: You're someone Shea trusts. That's why we're also putting our faith in you. We're all one big family, so...

He said that while glancing over to Victorique.

Y/n and Hajime were half amazed, half completely dumbfounded. No matter how kind a people they might be, trusting a complete stranger simply on the word of one of their own showed an utter lack of wariness.

Y/n: Alright, Hajime would you train them up?

Hajime: Sure thing.

— time skip to training—

[AN: I am putting the trading before the clash with the shoulders because why not]

{Hajime's POV}

Hajime alright these are level 2-5 monsters try to fight them-