Chapter 31 "Lead the way Homeless looking boy."

Endou wheeled around in surprise. He cast another panicked glance around the room, but didn't spot the person he was searching for. Growing impatient, he loudly shouted,

Endou: "Nagumo!? Is that really you!? It is, right!? Where are you!? Nagumo! You're alive, aren't you!? Get out here, Hajime Nagumo!"

Many of the adventurers clapped their hands over their ears. His voice was really loud and it was quite infringing. Although Endou's extreme impatience implied that he wasn't just in a hurry to see an old classmate he'd thought dead. There was something urgent he needed from Hajime.

Y/n's and the others stared expectantly at Hajime. He awkwardly scratched his cheek. If he was being perfectly honest, he'd rather not have talked to Endou right now. Nevertheless, he dutifully stepped forward and called out to him.

Hajime: "Uh, Endou? I can hear you, so can you stop yelling so loudly?"

Endou: "Nagumo!? Where are you!?"

Endou turned toward Hajime, reacting to his voice. The depth of the desperation in his voice shocked Hajime.

His eyes met Hajime's for an instant, but then he looked away again and started looking around the room once more.

Endou: "Dammit! I can hear you, but I can't see you! Are you a ghost!? Did you really die after all!? Is that why I can't see you!?"

Y/n: "Hajime you either shut him up or I will take action, because from my point of view his is disturbing our right's."

Hajime: "I'm right in front of you, moron. Now stop being blind or a literal talking disaster might appear. Weren't you supposed to be the world's most unnoticeable person?"

Endou: "There it is again! That's your voice! And just who are you calling the king of invisibility!? I'll have you know that the automatic doors at stores open for me one-third of the time!"

Hajime: "Wait, so even they don't notice you two-thirds of the time...? You're really something."

After that exchange Endou finally realised the white- haired boy with the eyepatch was indeed Hajime. He scrutinised Hajime's face. Hajime turned away awkwardly. He wasn't used to guys staring so intently at him.

Endou"A-Are you... Are you really Nagumo?"

Hajime: "Yep. In the flesh. I know I look pretty different now, but it's me, Hajime Nagumo."

He looked so different from the boy Endou remembered that he still couldn't completely believe it. He looked Hajime up and down again. Eventually, he was forced to accept it really was Hajime. He had the same general facial structure, and only Hajime would know about how invisible Endou was.

Endou: "You're... really alive."

Hajime: "Obviously. I'm standing in front of you, aren't I?"

Endou: "Everything about you has, changed though... like your appearance, and the way you talk..."

Hajime: "I had to crawl my way out of hell. There's no way I'd stay the same after that."

Endou: "R-Really? Well, I guess that makes sense... Still, I can't believe you're really alive... Thank god." He may have turned into a drastically different person, but Endou was still relieved that his classmate yet lived.

Though he'd been jealous of the attention Kaori gave Hajime, much like the other guys, and had turned a blind eye to Hiyama's bullying, he'd never once seriously wanted Hajime dead. Endou had been as shaken as the rest when he'd witnessed Hajime fall. It was only natural that he'd be happy to know his classmate hadn't actually died.