Chapter 27 "A Horde of Monsters For Our Beloved Greed."

[AN: So my stupid ass brain apparently completely forgot about the Myuu Arc, and I first wrote this chapter with the party completely forgetting about her, but then as I finished writing I decided to re-read the fourth novel and guess what I remembered. Exactly I remembered the Myuu arc, it is pretty clear that the Timeline clearly Infringed upon my right's to information- I Basically had to re-write most of this chapter but hey it's still 3k words so yea.]

-- Cute'--

Hajime: "Yes, what he said."

After that the door closed, the town leaders, who had been silent until now, all started pressingly into Aiko with questions. Aiko just looked at the door Y/n and Hajime had left through, her shoulders trembling. Her words had gotten through to him, HIM! The person who she thought was a total hypocrite who thinks of nothing but himself.

However, even if she achieved what is said to be almost impossible that didn't change the fact that she'd guided a student into danger, and asked him to fight an army of monsters. She knew it was a contradiction, telling him she didn't want him to get too used to fighting his way through problems, and then tell him to fight his way through a problem. She did want Hajime to rethink his views on life, but she also wanted to save the town of Ur. In practice, she had probably achieved both those things, but... she slumped her shoulders, thinking there must have been a better

solution and blaming her own incompetence for not being able to discover it. She had hoped her students could all return home without any of them losing sight of their original selves... but it seemed that wish could no longer be granted. When she'd spoken with Hajime and His Frined last night, she'd already known her dream was lost, but she wouldn't stop hoping.

Surrounded by a group of angry townsfolk, Aiko let out an almost imperceptible sigh. The students all stared at the door Y/n and the party had left through as well, a myriad of emotions coloring their faces.

Incidentally, Tio had entered the building with Y/n, but all she said was "Even though I should be an important part of his fighting force... th-this kind of abandonment play is... Master truly is..." and so everyone present completely ignored her feverish mutterings.

The town of Ur. To its north were the Northern Mountain Ranges, and to its west was the Urdea Lake. It was blessed with natural resources of all kinds, and was now protected by walls that hadn't existed the day before.

Hajime had created those walls. He'd driven Steiff around the perimeter, transmuting walls behind him instead of leveling the earth in front of him.

The citizens had all been made aware of the impending monster army invasion. Judging by their speed, Hajime guessed their vanguard would arrive by evening of the next day.

Naturally, the town was in a state of panic. There were those that blamed the mayor and the other town leaders for letting this happen, those that broke down crying, those that clung to their family in desperation, those that tried to run, and those that started fights amidst the chaos. Most people couldn't remain calm knowing tomorrow their home would be destroyed and that if they stayed they'd die. Panic was the normal reaction to that.

However, someone managed to calm them down before the town devolved into full-scale rioting. That someone was Aiko. Taking the advice of the knights that had returned a short while ago, Aiko had stood up on a platform in the town square and spoken to the citizens.

Her composed demeanor and overwhelming popularity helped her calm the citizens down to a reasonable level. In a way, Aiko Hatayama was more powerful than any hero.

Once the people had been pacified, they naturally divided into two groups. Those that couldn't abandon their homes, and were willing to share this town's fate, and those that were ready to flee and call for aid.