« Jay »

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

You went home from work exhausted  only to see another disaster.

You closed your eyes and badly wished that when you open your eyes the mess in your house will finally disappear. But sadly, it will never work in reality.

"I'm home!" Despite the exhaustion, you still managed to greet your boyfriend happily. As usual, he would quickly run from  your room to attack you with power hugs and kisses. But now, it feels awkwardly different not to see him right away.

You headed to your room and as you carefully opened the door, there you saw Jay lying on the bed, with cans of beer scattered all around the floor.

"Jay?" You called out and sat on the softness of the mattress. Instead of turning his attention to you, he just snuggled up with his blanket and moved closer towards the wall.

"I'm tired." The coarseness of his voice was enough to tell you he wasn't okay.  So you carefully laid your head on his pillow and faced his back with your arms enveloping his body.

"Is there something wrong?" You asked. You were never used to his coldness. So as much as you tried to cheer him up, you also felt bad. All you could do was just stroke the strands of his black hair as you wait for him to speak.

"Please tell me what's wrong." You pleaded as you wanted to make him feel better.

Jay slowly got up from your bed, leaving you lying alone. "I'm tired, Y/N."

"Why are you being so cold lately, Jay?" You asked. It feels as if you share the same loneliness with the gray skies as you could only watch Jay bury his face in his hands. "You didn't come home last night." He said. Suddenly, you felt sorry for working too much because you needed to. But when the guy needed you, you weren't there as much as he wasn't always home because of training.

"I'm sorry... But I'm here now." You gave him a hug from behind, wishing at least he would finally understand.
"You can tell me about your problems now."

"I don't want to talk right now."

"Jay, please. I hate to see you like this."

"Y/N, just let me be for a while."

"Jay, please. I'm not starting a fight—" You suddenly paused.

"I AM TIRED! IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?" Ever since you both started dating two years ago, even just for once, Jay never wanted you to see him burst in outrage. But now, it feels as if Jay left the body that has sheltered him his whole life only to let an evil side take over him.

You froze as your mouth slightly opened in shock.

"I am tired of getting scolded all the time, I am tired of not seeing you all the time, I am tired of chasing my dreams,  I am tired of everything!" You've never heard the boy feel frustrated before, and now, it just breaks your heart.

"And guess what?" You said as tears made their way to your cheeks. "I am tired, too.  Let's just end this." These words just suddenly went out of your mouth without you even thinking of it. All you knew was that you were completely sad and angry all at once. You picked up your bag and without any word, you slammed the door shut, ready to abandon the warmth you and Jay had made for so long. It feels as if something so big had finally vanished inside your heart.

"I'm sorry." As you were about to walk out of the house, Jay stopped you with his arms tightly gripping your upper body. He leaned his chin on your shoulder and there you felt his tears rolling down your skin.

"I couldn't stop it." He said once more. He really hates to cry in front of a person. But this time, he just couldn't afford losing you.

"Please don't leave me, Y/N." It felt awkward to cry along with him. You wanted to leave but the way he stops you is quite suffocating and comforting all at the same time.

"If it's for your own good, then I will." You grabbed his arms off your body but he turned you over to face him. And there, he smacked his lips on yours as if it will help make things better.

"I don't want to start new things without you. So please..." He said, wiping the tears on your cheeks.

"Stay."