« Sunghoon »

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

They had more fun leaving the ballroom than staying longer dancing nonsense. The night was slowly slipping away along with the persistent chatters and distant noises.

They drove past woodlands and streets, and woodlands again. Y/n kept the window open, so the air was cold and dense as it kissed her sprightly face. She wore a simple satin dress,  soft and gentle to the touch. Around her shoulders was her boyfriend's black blazer coat, enough to keep her warm, and in her hand was a bottle of wine they secretly looted from the party.

Sunghoon drove earnestly, looking straight towards the lonely road. He had his hand on the steering wheel, the other on the cigarette he was yet to press between his almond lips. He was back at it again. It was his most favorite habit.

"Are we going home?" Y/n asked, turning her gaze towards him. She wasn't sure if she had heard him snigger.

"Now?" He asked. "Tonight? No, sleep shouldn't come at a very important moment." Traces of smoke emerged from his mouth.

They both shared their laughter. "Alright, where are we going, then?" She asked and he flashed a quizzical smile. "To the place where we first met, my darling." He replied.

The way he made the last two words sound seemed like a deceitful jape, for he was never the sweetest and most soft-spoken guy to ever talk to her. But for the first time, it sounded so beautiful to y/n's ears. She would like to waste an eternity just to hear it over and over again.

He saw her feverish smile and knew exactly how much she was longing to go back to that place again; to recollect all the emotions they both felt the moment they have laid their eyes on each other, to reminisce the romance as perfectly imperfect as theirs. He saw her smile and realized she was real and he was real and whatever they have in between is real and with that, he placed his hand on her thigh, holding it like she was made of silk, gently and reassuringly. He then let out a soft smile, his cheeks slowly glinting in red.

"Why do you have to trap me under your spell, y/n?"

After a tedious long drive, they finally reached their destination.

Crisp was the best word to picture the wind-swept upland, overlooking the mean streets in the capital, and endowed with foliage crawling freely on the ground.  Above was a sky as dark as a pansy, and it was then the rain cascaded on the ground.

Y/n grunted in dismay as the rain ruined her wish to lie down on the grasslands again. "I told you, hoon. It'd be better to go home." She said.

Sunghoon sneered. "No, not until you stop sulking." He threw away the last bit of his cigarette and opened the door on his seat. "Come on, let's meet the raindrops!"

"For goodness' sake... Sunghoon!"

"It's just water!"

Sunghoon finally went out of the car to let the little drops run over his long-sleeve shirt. At first, y/n could just watch and think of how much he was enjoying, screaming and laughing at his heart's content.

Until then, she followed and met him under the lamp post, dancing and following each other's trails, turning and swinging like forest fairies through a feast of fireflies. That moment they felt enchanted; a prince and his princess dancing under the rain, caring only less about the world.

Dear heavens, please let me have this man for the rest of my life. Y/n smiled by the thought.