sunghoon

angels au  y'all

"you need to go back now. everyone must be looking for you."

a gentle finger brushing her cheek was enough to waken y/n. she was glad that she was able to open her eyes to see his shy smile first thing in the morning. without a word, she cupped his face, afraid to get up from his lap in such a warm spring morning. the man rested his face against her palm then delicately clasped her wrist. "you need to go home." he reminded her. 

y/n squirmed, saying. "but i don't want to leave."

"you can always come back. i'll be right here." he assured her.

y/n had spent the night into the woods with a lover; a winged creature with a rich white hair and lashes that looked like plumes when daylight gleamed across his face. young lady did the risk by staying alongside a critter with no place to be. but hoon was an angel, at least to her, sheltering her in his wings, and beneath his wings were two arms that truly wanted to hold her dear.

finally, y/n rose, giving up heaven while running her fingers through the creases of her school uniform. "i will be back, hoonie. i promise." the angel let out a small smile, trusting the human's words.

arriving at the hallway, y/n was met by her blockmate. "you're running late, silly! where have you been?" she worriedly asked, grabbing a stray feather from her almost-tangled hair. y/n held back her smile. "where have you been?" the blockmate asked once again, before realizing... "jesus, don't you ever tell me you went out with a guy and..."

y/n grimaced by the thought. "no, (f/n)! why would you think that?" her blockmate took one last suspecting grin before heading towards their classroom.

and because their love was a secret, y/n would secretly head to his domain and bring him her old oversized shirts for him to wear as her smell continued to linger. it was just like that night by night; sneaking out for him, keeping him home, keeping her home, too, an angel who was not meant too be found by anyone else but y/n.. she couldn't stop thinking of him even now that she was to listen to the class discussion. 

of course, the angel waited. he needed no guarantee from the human. it was not meant to last. their love, i mean. he knew that and kept on loving her, anyway, the reason he might have thought he had all the right to hold her close while he was not the same as her. 

and so y/n did arrive, but to his surprise, with tears brimming on her eyes. the first thing she did was fall to his arms and allow herself to sink so close to his chest and oh, the sunset wanted to be sad with her, too.

"what's wrong, y/n?" he dared ask, running his fingers through her hair. she shook her head and kept their embrace. "tell me." he said once more.

"i've been thinking about it lately, you know." the lady uttered meekly. "you're going to leave me soon..."

"i won't."

"liar." her tears continued to persist. "someone wants to court me."

her words did somehow hit him. even just the thought of seeing her finally grow away from him was enough to make him feel cold and unmoving. it had to happen, because she is a human, and all he knew about himself was that he was just a woodland creature.

"someone wants to take care of me and i don't want it. it just makes me sad. it just makes me sad. they can call me mad. you're all i have."

"of course you have me." he assured her, gingerly clasping her face so their foreheads would touch. "i don't want you to leave just yet. i will die."