« Sunoo »

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

It's 3 in the morning. Nothing seemed colder on spring than the soft breeze of the air deeply piercing your skin. You apparently just got out of bed because of a nightmare and you didn't want to get back to sleep. So, you decided to sneak at the dance studio alone to practice some choreographies secretly.

You were a trainee. And for a couple of months, you barely had a good time. You easily get caught up by your frustrations everytime you fail or get scolded by the mentors. Thinking that everyone performs much better than you, you thought about quitting. Not just once, but almost a hundred times as you could count. You felt like nothing's getting right anymore. But then, if you did quit, everything would be over, and of course, you never wanted to regret. Being a star was always your dream.

Nevertheless, it's a surprise that you kept holding on because of your best friend named Kim Sunoo, who already made a mark in the industry.

Sunoo, since then, was teaching you tirelessly without any compensation. He became your senior who was always raising your spirit and guiding you with the things you find difficult to do.

He always spends his free time teaching you, which makes you feel pretty much sorry. But then, he never complained nor scolded you for always giving him a hard time. Indeed, he was the type of friend who wants to see you succeed.

However, this time, you felt so uneasy to even bother him, and you wanted to make sure that you never get in his way and that he takes his time to rest. So, no matter how hard the dance was to you, you kept going.

You kept stumbling and watching yourself through the mirror, you couldn't help but feel so bad about yourself. You fell on the floor, lying, weak, and breaking down in tears.

While the insecurities enveloped you, a tall figure approached your direction. You expected no one, but the mindful Sunoo came and sat beside you, patting your shoulder.

"Get up, Y/N." He said. "That's enough. Get back to sleep, please." And there, he took you by the arms and you sat up, burying your face in your hands, wishing Sunoo doesn't see how terrible your face looked. His hair was still a mess, and his eyes were still puffy. He was disappointed upon knowing that you didn't even call him up for help and carried the burden on your own.

"Come on. I'm your best friend, Y/N." He always tells you. "If you punish yourself one more time, I will call your parents to pick you up and bring you back home."

Hearing his words, you cried even harder. Just imagining the scenario makes your heart break. There,  Sunoo stopped talking and did the only thing that could calm you down: a hug. You stayed in his arms for a little while until he decided to take you out, mentioning how much you liked late-night trips.

You both went ahead for coffee and arcade games. For the rest of the night, you both laughed and pretended to live like it was the last night of your lives.

After that, you and Sunoo headed to a secret crag only the both of you knew. There, you both watched the purple midnight sky glistening with millions of distant stars.

You took the earphones from your pocket and placed the other side on Sunoo's ear, the other on yours. And as the music on your phone played, time seemed to go slow.

"You did great over there, Y/N." Out of nowhere, Sunoo spoke.

"I know I didn't." You insisted. Hearing your words, he hissed and turned his gaze on you, gingerly placing his hands on your face.
"Everyone feels that way too, dummy. You just don't see how amazing you are as a trainee."

"Awww, Sunoo." You playfully whined which made him laugh. Little did you know, as you were wonderstruck at the moment, he slowly interlocked his fingers on yours, making you feel unusually comfortable. He used to squeeze your hand to reassure you, but this time, you both knew you were free from the cameras and eyes of the people looking up to artists like Sunoo. And so he pulled himself closer to you and gently pressed his soft ruby-red lips on yours.

As he slowly pulled away, he gave you a big wide smile and caressed your cheek.

" Soon, we don't have to keep this to ourselves again."