« Niki »

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫

It felt like a long night to Y/N, with the rain pouring outside for what seemed like a hundred years. All she could do was just snuggle on her bed and cover herself with a blanket like a caterpillar wrapping up a cocoon. But as she was finally settled in her homely comfort, it took her a while to realize there was someone outside, calling out her name.

Y/N headed to the window  and there she saw who was standing at the gate all damp and cold.

"Niki!" She  exclaimed in shock and  immediately headed  downstairs and fetched a dry towel, opening the door to send the boy inside.

"Gee, why did you come here so late, silly? And can't you see it's raining? Now, look at you!" Y/N said worriedly as she led Niki--who seemed to be having his own reality-- to the couch.

She gently patted him with the towel from his head down to his arms, and waited for him to raise his head and look at her, but he didn't. 

"I don't know if one of my shirts would fit you, but I'll try to look for the biggest one in my closet. Just stay here, okay?" Y/N said as she hurried back to her room. Niki was always a  cheerful, warm-hearted person. But now, seeing him being so silent and helpless made Y/N think there was something she needed to know from  him.

She was back at the living room, handing the shirt and standing in front of him. The next thing she knew was that she was finally off guard as Niki buried his face on her belly, with his arms wrapped around her waist. His hair was wet, making her shirt dampen as well, but it didn't matter now. He was hugging her. 

"She broke up with me, noona." Niki's voice was cracking and she knew he was finally in tears. To see him like that made Y/N's heart cave in, too. Not because she was almost like a big sister to him and she was supposed to be someone anyone can count on, but because she cared enough for him and it pained her to see his heart break just because he loved a girl too much.

She slowly kneeled and hugged him back, gently stroking  his wet hair. "I'm so sorry to hear that. I know it hurts you so much." 

"I'm sorry if I'm crying right in front of you, too." Niki replied, making Y/N shake her head. "No, it's okay, really. I understand." She replied. He somehow felt warm just by being in her arms. After all the night has done to him, for the girl who broke his heart, it felt like magic to instantly feel better. And he was right to come to Y/N because she has always been his refuge.

Y/N listened as Niki  talked, and they stayed like that for a long while. Two people who seemed to be in a world only heaven knows.

"Will someone ever last for me?" Niki asked for the last time, his gaze so sad but still so gentle. 

Y/N gave him a reassuring smile. "For a guy like you, of course." 

"Of course." She said, and she knew what it meant.