« Jake: Pt. 2 »

Another update! A continuation of Jake Imagine Pt 1.

This was requested by yanagirenjiidealtype
bbb I'm sorry for taking so long idk w/ myself 🔴
Decided to write now but it's not that much u can expect

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

Y/n felt as if fate had set up a trap to trick her, or perhaps she was just making herself believe that a guy like Jake Shim would actually feel something for her.

For a while she was drenched in their praises for Jake, she never noticed the barbie-girl behind her, with eyes glued to no one but Jake, cheering and blowing kisses occasionally.

"Now I know." She thought to herself as she finally turned to face her.  "There's no reason he can't be fond of her, anyway." For her, it was a false alarm to let her heart race that easily. Who would've thought reality could scream louder with the word 'shame'?

Jake watched as y/n hurried to the exit, and it was just then his smile started to fade away. "Didn't she like the song?" He must have thought as he grabbed the chance to leave the gym as soon as the crowds started to clear out.

"I'm really a fool." Y/n whispered to herself, desperately holding back the tears forming in her eyes. She wasn't down because Jake never liked her back. She was down out of regret for easily giving into his smiles and mellow voice back at the gym.

What she didn't know was that Jake was running after her.

"Y/n!" He called, causing her to stop and stare soberly for a moment. But before he could even say another word, he was disrupted by the girl behind him, tapping his shoulder.

"Hi!" She greeted zealously. "I liked your performance." She said, smiling from ear to ear. Jake could only laugh sheepishly, not having the courage to tell her she was getting in his way.

"Thank you." He replied and gestured to leave until she decided to take a step in front of him.

"So, you know..." Said she, "I just wanna ask if that song you sang... Was dedicated to me? I mean, you were staring at me the whole time."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't staring at you." Jake answered plainly, giving her an akward smile before saying, "Please excuse me, I'm in a hurry."

As he was closer, he grabbed y/n's hand, making her stop once again. A taunting silence filled the hallway as they stood, exchanging looks.

"Y/n." Jake finally spoke, hinting the astonishment in her eyes. "I need to tell you something."

Y/n replied feebly. "What is it now, Jake Shim?"

"I like you." His words came out quick and simple.

"Please stop playing with me." She said with a doubt.

"I'm not!" He objected. "You were watching over  me, without ever knowing I was watching over you, too. You have those beautiful eyes, I could only wish I'd make them happier. That... That song I was singing... It was dedicated to you."

"Jake." She deigned to say without having the sense to move.

He laced his fingers on hers like a promise. "I know this is forward, but yes, y/n. I like you. I like you since the day our eyes landed on each other."