« Sunghoon »

Yo, enha zombie apocalypse au!

As requested by: coleinaquinn

Honey I'm sorry if it took me a month to write this trash. I've been preparing for my pre-oral defense and I had to make three articles for our school paper. I'm sorry in advance if this oneshot doesn't meet your standards but i love u and i hope you'll still like this chap

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫

the sky started to turn blood orange. Dust and blood and rotting flesh were the only things they could smell on the road. They could clearly read the signs on the walls written by the people who took the time to paint the town red and black. "your god is dead... this is the end... save us," wondering if those people were still alive-if anyone is even alive at this point-wishing that they would be somewhere safer by the time the car they stole from a dead man stops running.

perhaps they were right.

their gods are dead.

y/n hasn't stopped crying since that life-threatening minute. hoon hasn't spoken a single word, either. it wasn't the humid air blowing a kiss on his face as he kept the car window open. it was the fact that they both had to leave their pet there. their last companion, their only good girl. there at the abandoned convenience store where they looted all their necessities, but had to lose her in the hands of the infected who were coming after all of them.

home was anywhere safe, but tonight, sleep would never come without their only gaeul.

"everyone's gone." y/n muttered meekly, wrapping her arms around her legs.

"yes." hoon answered blankly. "everyone's gone."

"i don't wanna die." y/n said, tears as persistent as before. "i don't want you to die."

"we have everything we need now. for fuck's sake, we're not going to die just this fast, y/n." hoon's tone started to change, even he was quick enough to notice. So, he took a deep breath and placed a hand at the back of his neck. "i'm sorry, y/n." he said. "it's...look... we're not going to die tonight, get it? we miss everyone, yes. but now, there's only the two of us. only the two of us in this messed up city. it'll be just us for a while until we find refuge."

y/n nodded, wiping her tears with the ends of her coat. hoon finally found the courage to glance at her, placing his hand on her thigh, pressing it gently as if telling her the city will be a safe place once again.

no one knew exactly when everything started to go wrong, only what caused the hell they were facing. some slept only to wake up in a place that looked so different, so bloody, nothing like the town they were used to living in. the next thing they knew, people started to kill people. not with guns or knives, but with teeth and hands. y/n could still recall those bleeding eyes and rotting skin, and hoon could never get rid of the thought of them since then.

for weeks, they were slowly losing everything. their homes were too far away and thinking of it now, they don't know where exactly they are anymore. not that it matters, of course.

for another week, families started killing families in fear the infection might grow worse. hoon could still recall the time he had to let his father choose how he would die as he was attacked and got infected himself. in the end, he failed to pull the trigger and decided to keep him chained in that house before the infection could take every bit of his consciousness. the last thing he could ever think of was his girl. if he couldn't save father, then y/n, at least. he could never forget the sight of her running away from the burning dorm, being chased by everyone inside, going after what was left with her. In her hand was a metal bat. She was holding onto it as if holding onto dear life.

They drove past one street to another, with y/n having to hold a gun every now and then. There were corpses everywhere, some being devoured by the monsters they ran into. Before an utter silence were loud shreaks and revving engines and the sound of the guns. It would be just like that before the city could ever allow them to get to a small hill only heaven knows where.

Hoon stopped the car from a distance as they walked through a field of flowers. It took them a while to put their weapons down as they figured the place actually smelled nothing like bloodshed below.

Y/n decided to lie down on the grass, feeling the small spikes beneath her skin. Above them was a pale night sky and stars glancing at these two worn out bodies lying on the supple ground. Y/n's eyes were never shut since then, never blinked as frequently as they should. Blood tarnished her face and limbs. Not that it mattered if she tried to clean herself up. Not that it also mattered to Sunghoon. It would mean so much more if they lived longer.

He turned his body, cupping her gaunt face. "What's your plan if this is over?." He said, causing y/n's eyes to lighten up.

"Silly, I don't have time to think about plans." She replied, "We're not going to live for long."

He was quick to retort. "Oh, we are... We'll live well."

Y/n placed some stray stands of hair on the back of Hoon's ear. "We won't always be in a safe place, Hoonie."

"And I can't let you die in my watch." He said. "You're the only one I have now. I'll keep protecting you even if all of this comes to an end."

She managed to curve a smile on her chapped lips, grabbing his hand and placing it on her cheek.

"We'll live." Finally, she answered.

"We'll live."